There are newer employer reviews for iGATE

iGATE is a place where you can make a niche for yourself and get great experience that would help shape your career.

Former Employee - Project Manager - ERP Implementations in Pittsburgh, PA
Former Employee - Project Manager - ERP Implementations in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at iGATE

Pros

The company has a distintive model for software services industry, dynamic top management and is a good opportunity for someone who wants to move up vertically.

The work culture is great and people are helpful. The managers are approachable and they promote leadership and high performance. During my 4 years at iGATE, i was promoted every single year and was given great opportunities to work at high-profile clients.

This is one place where one can align software/ IT skills with business interests

Cons

It is not the biggest player in the industry and may be disappointing at times - due to low recognition and tough competition from the bigger players.

To pay more attention on organizational alignment. Build strategy that shows short - term results as well as position fo r long term.

1002 Other Employee Reviews for iGATE (View Most Recent)

igate - balance your work (aka salary) and Home

Former Employee - Technical Lead in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Technical Lead in Kansas City, MO

I worked at iGATE

Pros

iGate is an Indian company having their business interest in North America, Mainly GE. The best reason as an immigrant worker (never knew any American working on the technical side) is that igate has steady businesses with GE companies and it is not unusual to see an employee stays in the same project / location for more than 5 years. Client decides your stress level at work. Over all a good company to start with and you can very well balance the work and home. I worked for 8 years and I never had any problem in getting time off when I wanted to attend my house hold duties or going to India on a 4 weeks vacation.

Cons

Well, Upper management never seems to know about your existence, despite the continuous good reviews from the clients. Very much run like a family business. You can not go up in the ladder unless you know the top guys. Salary levels are much below US market standards, but at par comparing to other Indian consulting companies

-- Device a system to identify contributing resources at different level
    -- Groom them to the next level instead of market hires known to you.
    -- show resilience of successful bosses.

Good

I worked at iGATE full-time (more than an year)

Pros

8-5 work timing
    company bus servfce
    day care at office

Cons

long wait for mobile projects

There are newer employer reviews for iGATE