There are newer employer reviews for iMakeNews

A Great Company But...

I worked at iMakeNews full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

A great company with lots of great people. The amount you can learn from others here is quite amazing.

Cons

Old software that constantly is held together by the people behind the scenes. It is unreal how many 'hacks' have to be done to sometimes make things work that should be able to be done with the software.

Spend some time seeing what's involved on the back end. There is alot of work from both the client services team and dev/ops to keep the system running smoothly from the client's perspective. What the system lacks from a software perspective due to it's age forces CS, DEV and OPS to all have to work together to make up for it in manpower. Whether it's a hack in some template, a quick dev fix or Ops babysitting the system to make sure emails go out unblocked, and as fast as possible. There are a small group of people that do alot of heavy lifting to keeps things going and as seemless as possible to the client, that group of people is burning out fast.

7 Other Employee Reviews for iMakeNews (View Most Recent)

Demanding, but Fun.

I have been working at iMakeNews full-time

Pros

It's a growing Company that puts emphasis on innovation.

Cons

location is fine, but could be better.

Worked at IMN for 1 year

I worked at iMakeNews full-time for more than a year

Pros

Really great products and people. The best company I worked for to date and was really ready to grow with the organization. Great benefits, engaged HR department, good name out in the field- RARELY heard a bad word spoken of the company.

Cons

The company was acquired in August and culture was completely changed. Not just a shift but a 180 degree turn from what we were used to as employees. Really sad, a lot of us were heartbroken.

None, doesnt matter anymore.

There are newer employer reviews for iMakeNews

Worked for iMakeNews? Contribute to the Community!