There are newer employer reviews for iMatrix (California)

Good product poor employee benefits

Current Employee - Internet Consultant in San Diego, CA

I have been working at iMatrix (California)

Pros

The product is good, well supported, great business model for the CEO but not as good for the sales people. Fun atmosphere, great co-workers, good "outside of work" activities. Very little micro-management, hit your goals and you are left alone. Direct managers are very good at their jobs, knowledgeable, and helpful. Good small company feel of being involved in company decisions or changes.

Cons

Constantly changing commission structure. What I signed up for when coming on board was drastically changed for the worse. New direction of the company is in line with what is needed in the market- but is a more expensive product for sales to sell with a smaller commission. As salesperson it's never fun to sell more and get paid less. Upper management is amazing, but its a small company so the CEO gets the last word and he doesn't like to pay people. Non sales positions have it even worse. Support is well educated and highly skilled but they are paid poorly.

Advice to Management

Increase marketing and leads. A higher end product will need more higher end clients, cold calls will not be as short of a sales cycle with the new direction. Go back to the old commission structure, or at least admit it is worse instead of trying to sell salespeople on a something being better that is clearly not.

reviews filtered by

Where someone can work with high stress with very little reward

I have been working at iMatrix (California)

Pros

Good office location. Close to numerous choices for lunch.
    Great office energy. Music is always pumping.
    Great co workers

Cons

Employee benefits. Very expensive.
    Compensation. You can barely afford the benefits.
    Constant fear of being instantly fired for anything.
    Open door policy, is more like being escorted out the door.

Great Company

Current Employee - Internet Consultant in San Diego, CA

I have been working at iMatrix (California) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Imatrix is a great company to work for. I have personally been working here for over a year and have had endless opportunities. The management is amazing and the other individuals who work here are as well. I have worked in multiple sales organizations and not one of them have come close to Imatrix. If you're willing to work and accept constructive criticism to help you succeed then you will do well and it will set you up for a very very bright future.

Cons

I sincerely can say that I have found no cons of working for Imatrix. It's a great organization and I am thankful to be working for such an amazing company.

Advice to Management

Management, keep doing what you are doing. I appreciate you going above and beyond to guarantee my success and appreciate the constant growth opportunities that are at this company. Thank you!

iMatrix (California) Response

Apr 17, 2015Marketing Content Writer

Thank you for recognizing that leadership is working to improve the client and employee experience. Please continue to provide us feedback on our monthly employee opinion surveys so we can ... More