iMatrix (California)

www.imatrix.com
  www.imatrix.com
There are newer employer reviews for iMatrix (California)

Good product poor employee benefits

Current Employee - Internet Consultant in San Diego, CA
Current Employee - Internet Consultant in San Diego, CA

I have been working at iMatrix (California)

Pros

The product is good, well supported, great business model for the CEO but not as good for the sales people. Fun atmosphere, great co-workers, good "outside of work" activities. Very little micro-management, hit your goals and you are left alone. Direct managers are very good at their jobs, knowledgeable, and helpful. Good small company feel of being involved in company decisions or changes.

Cons

Constantly changing commission structure. What I signed up for when coming on board was drastically changed for the worse. New direction of the company is in line with what is needed in the market- but is a more expensive product for sales to sell with a smaller commission. As salesperson it's never fun to sell more and get paid less. Upper management is amazing, but its a small company so the CEO gets the last word and he doesn't like to pay people. Non sales positions have it even worse. Support is well educated and highly skilled but they are paid poorly.

Increase marketing and leads. A higher end product will need more higher end clients, cold calls will not be as short of a sales cycle with the new direction. Go back to the old commission structure, or at least admit it is worse instead of trying to sell salespeople on a something being better that is clearly not.

24 Other Employee Reviews for iMatrix (California) (View Most Recent)

Where someone can work with high stress with very little reward

I have been working at iMatrix (California)

Pros

Good office location. Close to numerous choices for lunch.
    Great office energy. Music is always pumping.
    Great co workers

Cons

Employee benefits. Very expensive.
    Compensation. You can barely afford the benefits.
    Constant fear of being instantly fired for anything.
    Open door policy, is more like being escorted out the door.

This is a company that will let an individual with leadership capabilities shine and climb up the company ladder.

Current Employee - Onboarding Consultant in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Onboarding Consultant in San Diego, CA

I have been working at iMatrix (California) full-time (more than an year)

Pros

If you are looking for a company that actually takes care of their employees then iMatrix is the place to work. This company lives by the motion of “Work Hard, Play Hard” The Managers and Directors will go out of their way to recognize hard work and reward them with plenty of incentives to keep up the hard work. The company loves to have group gatherings all year round from laser tag to going to the race track, and of course having the Christmas party at the end of the year.

Every day at work is always different. Everyone in the company is close with each other and that provides a more productive setting. If you are looking for a company that lets you make a difference then this is the place to be. If you want to grow as individual from a personal and professional level then iMatrix is for you as well. Everyone that works here has their own unique strengths that show and you learn to feed off that and learn things that you never knew before.

Before coming to iMatrix, I really didn’t think a company still existed that took care of their own employees and rewarded them for everything. Being here and getting rewarded for the hard work that I put in is great; it only makes me want to work even harder for my managers and directors. Working here lets me use my creative problem solving to help provide solutions to clients. I look forward to coming into work, how many can say that? Everyday creates opportunities to help the clients find success. Trust me when I say that those individuals who consider themselves a leader will really shine and thrive in this company.

Cons

The only real con about working here is that you have to reset expectations for the client that the sales consultant over sold them on. It’s mainly due to a lack on cross training that the sale team gets.

Continue to recognize the employees who try to make a difference and that are trying to do more for the company. Employees like that are leaders that can help iMatrix continue to grow

iMatrix (California) Response

Jul 16, 2014Marketing Content Writer

Thank you for taking the time to leave detailed feedback about your employment experience at iMatrix. Our management team actively listens to and takes employee feedback very seriously. We are ... More

There are newer employer reviews for iMatrix (California)