iPass
www.ipass.com Redwood Shores, CA 150 to 499 Employees

Terrific Experience - It has been a great ride

Director of Client Engineering (Current Employee)

I have been working at iPass full-time for more than 8 years

ProsAbility to make a difference in the organization
Flatness of the organization - nobody is that far from the top
Willingness of executive staff to learn the business and sit in the trenches with you
Opportunities to excel/grow if you can prove yourself
Startup culture but with blue chip customer base
Working with co-workers with great minds and great passion
Challenging but interesting product line
Encountering users of the company's service/software and hearing how much they love it and use it Lack of big company red tape and procedures - but not lacking the basic processes and procedures that make some startups chaotic.

ConsChanges in technology have led to some marketing challenges at times in this line of business.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't stop believing in the direction we are going- stay the course - things always take longer in this line of business than it seems like they should - but we will get there.

Great place to work if you don't care about career growth

I have been working at iPass

Pros: nice location clean bathrooms work life balance Cons: rampant cronyism inept middle management visionless senior management Advice to Senior Management: stop playing catch-up and start innovating lose the arrogance keep good people get… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Great place to take on new career challenges

I have been working at iPass

Pros: iPass is in an interesting space, and there are a number of huge initiatives going on in the Company - new products, new marketplaces to… Cons: Not the place to be if you are a 9 to 5er - offices… Advice to Senior Management: I've seen management step up frequency and quality of information updates to the employees over the last few years,… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on iPass.

Worked for iPass? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at iPass reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for iPass CEO Evan Kaplan. All reviews posted anonymously by iPass employees.