There are newer employer reviews for iQor

Metro pcs is getting ripped off by iqor

Former Employee - Dealer Support Agent in Chandler, AZ
Former Employee - Dealer Support Agent in Chandler, AZ

I worked at iQor

Pros

Good base pay
easy job
good benefits and promotion structure
very willing to work with your schedule

Cons

This company has multiple clients but the management for metropcs side strongly appears to have corporate greed as their #1 priority
-terrible morale(all my coworkers hate to work there)
-good benefits, if you are good enough to get to promoted to get those benefits that is.
Getting promoted usually means doing well on your calls which most everyone needs a good floor supervisor who will work with them and help fine tune their calls to help them improve and get promoted. Most of the floor supervisors don't really help you with your calls and give you general improvement statements which is very unhelpful.
-They are continuisly late on reviews for promotion, one is supposed to occur every 3 months it was 6 before my first one and I didn't get promoted because I wasn't performing at an "agent" level due to lack of any real coaching.
-they also don't promote for the silliest reasons. I know of one woman (name withheld for privacy) who has been there for almost 2 years, I hear her calls, they are fantastic, she easily has the best handle time on our team and most calls on our team as well but every time reviews cone around they find some excuse with her calls and say they won't promote her to a senior agent.
-very little employee respect from my last floor supervisor they acted like they were the absolute authority on metro pcs yet more than 50% of the time this person was incorrect as found out by checking with other floor supervisors about the same issue.
-they have a feather system which they use to keep you logged into your system and they track that to see how much system time you have logged in for pay. It uses a fingerprint identifier on the keyboard for this. This system is a way for iqor to siphon money from employees. Management will claim it's used for security but it's obviously not. How so? When it's a very slow day( and believe me there were days i waited hours between calls) you had to sit there and move your mouse or hit keys on the keyboard or else your screen will go black like a screensaver mode. This used to happen after 5 minutes of computer inactivity but was cut down to 3 minutes and when your screen blacks out you are thrown into break status and lose that minute of pay (literally even if it takes you 5 seconds to get back into ready). You aren't allowed to do anything other than hit your keyboard or move your mouse to stay in ready as they threaten they will fire you if you do.
On slow days and if you don't care about your screen blacking out you could be at work for 9 hours and (assuming you have no calls) you would only get paid for 6 hours. But iqor still bills metropcs for 9 and iqor gets 3 hours of your work at full profit.
You can stop your screen from blacking out but you get sick of doing it after several months.
-they fired their IT and HR dept so the whole days off and system issues are always a mess to deal with.
-lastly boredom. You aren't allowed to do anything but read your customer help resources. Even if there is no work at all due to fairly frequent system issues they won't let you do anything or send people home because they are milking metropcs for money. My ethics say, if you don't have work for me why are you wasting my time here at work?

I'm sorry this is a long post but I wanted to make sure everyone realized how disgusted I am to have worked for this backwards company, and although it is a job, it's hard to stay motivated when I feel like this company tells me to "screw myself" everday I worked there. But if you can deal with the bad you can make this job work for you.

You have alot of shady ethics and alot of confusing management strategies. The first and biggest thing I'd emphasize Is clean up your act and find a way to promote good morale and you'll motive alot of the employees will actually listen to you guys.

157 Other Employee Reviews for iQor (View Most Recent)

If you like low pay, long hours, a "ghetto" atmosphere and high blood pressure then this is your dream job!

Former Employee - Assistant Vice President - Metro Pcs in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Assistant Vice President - Metro Pcs in Columbus, OH

I worked at iQor

Pros

Job Title can lead to a better position else where. The lead way to make things happen by using your own management style.

Cons

Hours change frequenly and with out reasonable notice. Management on every level has a lack of direction. No way to be proactive because your always putting out fires. Its common knowledge that the budget for this project is incsufficient to run it effectivel. Vikas just wants to sell Iqor so it is ran like a fly by night company whoes upper managment wants to inflate the real worth. They use a lot of "funny" math in regards to bonuses, pay, healthcare and bottom-line. If you speak up then you won't last! Very unethical and down right illegal in many business practices. SR VP's would be laughed at in any real company. The Metro client will never be succesful using Iqor (don't by Metro stock). I could go on and on...

If you have to, and I stress have to, work here apply for other jobs as if you where unemployeed!

BEWARE!

Former Employee - Assistant Vice President of Operations - Metro PCS Project in Columbus, OH

I worked at iQor

Pros

It is a challenging job and full of daily surprises. The titles given for various position are more then what they really are. However, this can serve as a stepping stone for other jobs.

Cons

Schedules changes constantly, poor pay, bonus structure changes all the time, lack of respect for employees, high turnover from upper management down to entry level, the company will deceive you with promises to get you in and then retract promises once hired, unethical request given to management with no ownership by upper management, the work environment is horrible, you are expected to ignore things such as incorrect stats, incorrect bonuses for employees etc, The "acting" VP lies to clients as well as upper management about happenings within the company.

Do not get a job here on any level! They are just trying to show a profit at any means so that the company can be sold at a high value.

There are newer employer reviews for iQor