iRobot
www.irobot.com Bedford, MA 500 to 999 Employees

Hiring while Laying Off

I have been working at iRobot full-time

ProsThe company just merged and before, it was great.
The people are very friendly and great.
Work life balance is good and half day Fridays during the summer is definitely very good for employees.
Location is very good, close to route 3 and 128.

ConsThere has been a lot of layoff due to cost cutting. While it is understandeable to reduce cost, that does not mean you hire people at the same time. Just 2 days ago, 6 positions opened up while there are people still leaving due to layoffs.
At the same time, people are laid off and getting replaced by people fresh out of college. People who have been laid off have been told to train these new fresh out of college who are probably paid a fraction of the person who got laid off.

Advice to Senior ManagementWatch the company morale. There has been a serious downturn recently in terms of morale.
On the non business side, management is great(great to talk to, socialize with). However, their business decisions are baffling.

Company has lost its way....

I have been working at iRobot full-time

Pros: At the present moment it's hard to say. Cons: It used to be a place where you had fun, built cool stuff and were changing the world. Basically one new product in the… Advice to Senior Management: People will go above and beyond if they believe is something. … No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great advancement if you work hard

I have been working at iRobot

Pros: I get to work on things I believe in Cons: Not a lot of women in leadership positions Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on iRobot.

Worked for iRobot? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at iRobot reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for iRobot CEO Colin M. Angle. All reviews posted anonymously by iRobot employees.