iRobot
www.irobot.com Bedford, MA 500 to 999 Employees

So much potential, it is invigorating but also frustrating when the magic isn't appreciated by C-level execs.

Bedford, MA

ProsThe business of designing robots requires broad experience, and gives employees broad experience when working here. Employees can cultivate their understanding of mechanical, electrical, software, and manufacturing as applied to consumer and military robots. It is not a boring place to work.

ConsSuprisingly, there are almost never any cool robots wandering the halls.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe magic of Roomba and Packbot is partially due to the accidental nature of the success. Many of the conference rooms are named with a "failed" robot. Let's regain the enthusiasm we had and build some more failures. At worst we will get some more conference room names, and it's a great way to stumble upon next big thing. Bonus is that employees will want to get out of bed in the morning to participate.

Best robotics company in the world.

Engineer (Current Employee)
    Bedford, MA

I have been working at iRobot full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Some of the coolest products in the world. Exceptionally… Cons: Going through lots of changes in personnel, org structure, strategy so lots… Advice to Senior Management: Better foster innovation. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Don't work here

Finance (Former Employee)
    New Bedford, MA

I worked at iRobot full-time for more than a year

Pros: Casual atmosphere. Managers don't micro manage. Flexible work schedule. Interesting… Cons: Management out of touch and don't pull their weight. Lower level employees do all the work and get no recognition. If there… Advice to Senior Management: Appreciate and reward lower level employees. Your way is… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on iRobot.

Worked for iRobot? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at iRobot reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for iRobot CEO Colin M. Angle. All reviews posted anonymously by iRobot employees.