iRobot

www.irobot.com

Brilliant people, fun work, interesting technology

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Bedford, MA

ProsThe engineers are very smart and a pleasure to work with. Unlike most places I have worked, at iRobot I find myself surrounded by intelligent people who want to do a good job. Slackers don't fit in but creative experts will feel right at home. The work is actually fun. Really! No joke!

ConsScope of government funding and careful safe guarding of company money often prevents development of higher risk/higher reward technologies. Middle management can dither and waste time that could be better spent doing actual work. Too many managers managing too few engineers in some projects.

Advice to Senior ManagementYour engineers are smart, your leadership has decent vision, but you need to slim the middleman and let your people spend the money advancing the product instead of analyzing until they only have the time for a quick fix.

iRobot is cooler than not cool.

Engineer (Current Employee) Bedford, MA

I have been working at iRobot

Pros: If you like robots, there's lots of robots. The robot people are really experts. I don't know many jerks, even in management. Lots of… Cons: One side is a baby defense contractor with more overhead than it can carry, lots of politics, and that isn't getting ready to go where… Advice to Senior Management: Stop hiring generic middle and senior managers from also-ran local companies and the government and putting them in charge… More

The best place to learn

Technical Intern (Former Employee) Mysore (India)

I worked at iRobot as an intern for less than a year

Pros: Good team, access to latest technology, awesome robots Cons: The company should have retained this office Advice to Senior Management: -None- More
There are newer reviews on iRobot.

Worked for iRobot? Contribute to the Community!