iRobot

www.irobot.com

Great place to work.

Electrical Engineering Intern (Former Employee) Burlington, MA

ProsI learned quite a bit in areas that I wasn't too familiar with earlier, got to work with some very interesting and smart people, and interacted with upper management on a fairly regular basis. Very interesting time, had a lot of fun.

ConsI have very few complaints, but as an electrical engineering intern there was a lot of weak testing, soldering, wiring, etc. kind of work early on. The amount of that kind of work went down over the course of the summer however.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to act like a small company even as things get much larger. Even though it's unfeasible for everybody in the company to know everyone else, people up to even the vice president level should get to meet everyone working below them.

Fun place to work, but poor leadership and lack of vision from top management.

Engineer (Former Employee) New Bedford, MA

I worked at iRobot

Pros: Flexible Work Hours are unbeatable for accommodating non-work interests. The company has a lot of youthful excitement and… Cons: Management at the top level is does a poor job of communicating intentions and vision to those below them.… Advice to Senior Management: Develop a strategic plan and actually follow it instead of chasing the latest fire, fad,… More

Brilliant people, fun work, interesting technology

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Bedford, MA

I have been working at iRobot

Pros: The engineers are very smart and a pleasure to work with. Unlike most places I have worked, at iRobot I find myself surrounded by intelligent… Cons: Scope of government funding and careful safe guarding of company money often prevents development of higher risk/higher reward technologies. Middle management can… Advice to Senior Management: Your engineers are smart, your leadership has decent vision, but you need to slim the middleman and let your… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on iRobot.

Worked for iRobot? Contribute to the Community!