There are newer employer reviews for iRobot

Great place to work.

Former Employee - Electrical Engineering Intern in Burlington, MA
Former Employee - Electrical Engineering Intern in Burlington, MA

I worked at iRobot

Pros

I learned quite a bit in areas that I wasn't too familiar with earlier, got to work with some very interesting and smart people, and interacted with upper management on a fairly regular basis. Very interesting time, had a lot of fun.

Cons

I have very few complaints, but as an electrical engineering intern there was a lot of weak testing, soldering, wiring, etc. kind of work early on. The amount of that kind of work went down over the course of the summer however.

Continue to act like a small company even as things get much larger. Even though it's unfeasible for everybody in the company to know everyone else, people up to even the vice president level should get to meet everyone working below them.

65 Other Employee Reviews for iRobot (View Most Recent)

Fun place to work, but poor leadership and lack of vision from top management.

Former Employee - Engineer in New Bedford, MA
    Former Employee - Engineer in New Bedford, MA

I worked at iRobot

Pros

Flexible Work Hours are unbeatable for accommodating non-work interests. The company has a lot of youthful excitement and energy, and a ton of fun and fantastic people who work there (they just tend not to be managers).

Cons

Management at the top level is does a poor job of communicating intentions and vision to those below them. The "number one priority" changes day to day and projects can be redirected or axed per whims of management.

Develop a strategic plan and actually follow it instead of chasing the latest fire, fad, or personal conviction. Create an environment which encourages personal accountability instead of rampant finger-pointing among departments.

Brilliant people, fun work, interesting technology

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bedford, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bedford, MA

I have been working at iRobot

Pros

The engineers are very smart and a pleasure to work with. Unlike most places I have worked, at iRobot I find myself surrounded by intelligent people who want to do a good job. Slackers don't fit in but creative experts will feel right at home. The work is actually fun. Really! No joke!

Cons

Scope of government funding and careful safe guarding of company money often prevents development of higher risk/higher reward technologies. Middle management can dither and waste time that could be better spent doing actual work. Too many managers managing too few engineers in some projects.

Your engineers are smart, your leadership has decent vision, but you need to slim the middleman and let your people spend the money advancing the product instead of analyzing until they only have the time for a quick fix.

There are newer employer reviews for iRobot