iRobot

There are newer employer reviews for iRobot

Great potential, needs vision

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bedford, MA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bedford, MA

I have been working at iRobot

Pros

We do build cool stuff. The people here are great to work with, and we get a nice amount of paid time off.

Cons

The company seems to have a distressing tendency toward doing the absolute minimum necessary to accomplish its immediate goals, with respect both to its customers and to its employees. They are also pretty bad at communicating internally.

Be more proactive about fixing problems and making improvements - don't wait until it becomes a crisis. Talk with your underlings about what's going on - if we hear about what the company is doing, or what's going wrong, by reading the news (or press releases), something is wrong.

69 Other Employee Reviews for iRobot (View Most Recent)

Great place to work.

Former Employee - Electrical Engineering Intern in Burlington, MA
    Former Employee - Electrical Engineering Intern in Burlington, MA

I worked at iRobot

Pros

I learned quite a bit in areas that I wasn't too familiar with earlier, got to work with some very interesting and smart people, and interacted with upper management on a fairly regular basis. Very interesting time, had a lot of fun.

Cons

I have very few complaints, but as an electrical engineering intern there was a lot of weak testing, soldering, wiring, etc. kind of work early on. The amount of that kind of work went down over the course of the summer however.

Continue to act like a small company even as things get much larger. Even though it's unfeasible for everybody in the company to know everyone else, people up to even the vice president level should get to meet everyone working below them.

Fun place to work, but poor leadership and lack of vision from top management.

Former Employee - Engineer in New Bedford, MA
    Former Employee - Engineer in New Bedford, MA

I worked at iRobot

Pros

Flexible Work Hours are unbeatable for accommodating non-work interests. The company has a lot of youthful excitement and energy, and a ton of fun and fantastic people who work there (they just tend not to be managers).

Cons

Management at the top level is does a poor job of communicating intentions and vision to those below them. The "number one priority" changes day to day and projects can be redirected or axed per whims of management.

Develop a strategic plan and actually follow it instead of chasing the latest fire, fad, or personal conviction. Create an environment which encourages personal accountability instead of rampant finger-pointing among departments.

There are newer employer reviews for iRobot