iRobot

www.irobot.com
There are newer employer reviews for iRobot

Great potential soured by a lousy boss

Former Employee - Ecad Administrator in Bedford, MA
Former Employee - Ecad Administrator in Bedford, MA

I worked at iRobot

Pros

Lots of brilliant people in one place. Decent benefits.

Cons

For me it was the guy I reported to directly, he was an extreme micromanager, didn't allow me to work anywhere near my ability, I would do things and he would take credit for them. He fosterered an atmosphere of distrust as his only goals wer to ascend himself thru his politics. he was a master twister of the truth and perpetual manipulator. Many feared him.

Pay close attention to mid level management, specifically listen to the more seasoned employees as we offer lots of experience from different areas, you are not capitalizing on this by allowing the inexperienced to lead. There are too many people with titles, it just seems that everyone is a Lead or senior lead, basically everyone is a Chief and there seems to be a shrotage of indians.

70 Other Employee Reviews for iRobot (View Most Recent)

Great potential, needs vision

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bedford, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bedford, MA

I have been working at iRobot

Pros

We do build cool stuff. The people here are great to work with, and we get a nice amount of paid time off.

Cons

The company seems to have a distressing tendency toward doing the absolute minimum necessary to accomplish its immediate goals, with respect both to its customers and to its employees. They are also pretty bad at communicating internally.

Be more proactive about fixing problems and making improvements - don't wait until it becomes a crisis. Talk with your underlings about what's going on - if we hear about what the company is doing, or what's going wrong, by reading the news (or press releases), something is wrong.

Great place to work.

Former Employee - Electrical Engineering Intern in Burlington, MA
    Former Employee - Electrical Engineering Intern in Burlington, MA

I worked at iRobot

Pros

I learned quite a bit in areas that I wasn't too familiar with earlier, got to work with some very interesting and smart people, and interacted with upper management on a fairly regular basis. Very interesting time, had a lot of fun.

Cons

I have very few complaints, but as an electrical engineering intern there was a lot of weak testing, soldering, wiring, etc. kind of work early on. The amount of that kind of work went down over the course of the summer however.

Continue to act like a small company even as things get much larger. Even though it's unfeasible for everybody in the company to know everyone else, people up to even the vice president level should get to meet everyone working below them.

There are newer employer reviews for iRobot