Ho Hum

Current Employee - Ecad Administrator in Bedford, MA
Current Employee - Ecad Administrator in Bedford, MA

I have been working at iRobot

Pros

A regular paycheck and not too long a commute. I'm well payed for what I do. Average place, standard benefits.

Cons

A good of compartamentalized knowledge, I always feel like management is not in touch with the rest of us and they seem very stingy with information regarding the company and the state of teh business. Presentation are staged to dispense information geared to stimulate people and it usually feels like a show and not really the truth.

Advice to Management

Get us all on the same page. Personally I feel like a mushroom.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. nice place for a geek

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bedford, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bedford, MA

I worked at iRobot

Pros

loose structure and casual environment, exposure to high tech. Really a good place if you work in their government contract department

Cons

structure too loose. very vague responsibility in their home department, very ineffective communication and very behind in implementing enterprise-level applicatioin.

Advice to Management

invest in long-term solution instead of focusing on short-term unsustainable fixes. invest in long term relationship with quality OEM vendors

Great potential, needs vision

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bedford, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bedford, MA

I have been working at iRobot

Pros

We do build cool stuff. The people here are great to work with, and we get a nice amount of paid time off.

Cons

The company seems to have a distressing tendency toward doing the absolute minimum necessary to accomplish its immediate goals, with respect both to its customers and to its employees. They are also pretty bad at communicating internally.

Advice to Management

Be more proactive about fixing problems and making improvements - don't wait until it becomes a crisis. Talk with your underlings about what's going on - if we hear about what the company is doing, or what's going wrong, by reading the news (or press releases), something is wrong.