Ho Hum

Current Employee - Ecad Administrator  in  Bedford, MA
Current Employee - Ecad Administrator in Bedford, MA

I have been working at iRobot

Pros

A regular paycheck and not too long a commute. I'm well payed for what I do. Average place, standard benefits.

Cons

A good of compartamentalized knowledge, I always feel like management is not in touch with the rest of us and they seem very stingy with information regarding the company and the state of teh business. Presentation are staged to dispense information geared to stimulate people and it usually feels like a show and not really the truth.

Get us all on the same page. Personally I feel like a mushroom.

Other Reviews for iRobot

nice place for a geek

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Bedford, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bedford, MA

I worked at iRobot

Pros

loose structure and casual environment, exposure to high tech. Really a good place if you work in their government contract department

Cons

structure too loose. very vague responsibility in their home department, very ineffective communication and very behind in implementing enterprise-level applicatioin.

invest in long-term solution instead of focusing on short-term unsustainable fixes. invest in long term relationship with quality OEM vendors

Great potential soured by a lousy boss

Former Employee - Ecad Administrator  in  Bedford, MA
    Former Employee - Ecad Administrator in Bedford, MA

I worked at iRobot

Pros

Lots of brilliant people in one place. Decent benefits.

Cons

For me it was the guy I reported to directly, he was an extreme micromanager, didn't allow me to work anywhere near my ability, I would do things and he would take credit for them. He fosterered an atmosphere of distrust as his only goals wer to ascend himself thru his politics. he was a master twister of the truth and perpetual manipulator. Many feared him.

Pay close attention to mid level management, specifically listen to the more seasoned employees as we offer lots of experience from different areas, you are not capitalizing on this by allowing the inexperienced to lead. There are too many people with titles, it just seems that everyone is a Lead or senior lead, basically everyone is a Chief and there seems to be a shrotage of indians.

There are newer employer reviews for iRobot.

Worked for iRobot? Contribute to the Community!