There are newer employer reviews for iSystems

The work is interesting and professional, but the management is very poor.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Colchester, VT
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Colchester, VT

I worked at iSystems

Pros

If you need experience in the field of payroll software, you can get it there if you can handle the insanity of the bureaucracy.

Cons

The management is so out of the norm when dealing with people that even when explicitely told what they are doing wrong in plain English, they don't get it. They treat software professionals like factory widget makers, plus they waste a lot of time and money making sure they don't waste time and money. They DO NOT promote from within the company. They think that magic comes from hiring somebody who has likely failed somewhere else. The turnover is ridiculous for a software company.

Advice to Management

Find a way to realize that management needs to see the employees as people as well as workers. Stop being so trivial about small things. Look at the big picture. Promote talent internally.

reviews filtered by
  1. Great New web feature and product development, using cool technologies

Current Employee - Vice President, Engineering in Colchester, VT
    Current Employee - Vice President, Engineering in Colchester, VT

I have been working at iSystems full-time (less than a year)

Pros

iSystems is a small company, making a huge impact on their customers. The senior management team has been focused on bringing in great new talent to develop our new web platform. I am excited to be part of the engineering team build out these new products. If you are a developer at hart, and love working in great new technologies in an agile environment, this is the place to be. Huge growth opportunities, given that we are investing heavily in staff and our products.

Cons

We need to continue to work on our employer brand as well as improve our benefits to attract the right staff.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in staff and products. Focus on creating an organization that engages staff and challenges them to do their best work.

Disappointing to work here

Former Employee - Business Requirements Analyst in Colchester, VT
    Former Employee - Business Requirements Analyst in Colchester, VT

I worked at iSystems full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good work/life balance, pay was decent

Cons

Management walked a line between being oblivious to what their team was doing and lying to protect themselves from the inevitable fallout, benefits left a lot to be desired (health insurance was average, and found it cheaper to skip dental insurance and pay for cleanings out of pocket)

Advice to Management

There are many good people at this company, management and individual contributors alike. The worst ones need to take the time to get to know their employees, learn what their strengths are, and capitalize on those instead of focusing solely on their own career aspirations. Communication needs to be strengthened...not making people aware that someone has left the company is counterproductive and reeks of lack of trust. Don't solicit input from employees and then punish them when you don't like what you hear.

There are newer employer reviews for iSystems