There are newer employer reviews for icix

Musical Chairs, da dat, da da da, da dat, dat dat... whoops

Current Employee - Vice President  in  South San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Vice President in South San Francisco, CA

I have been working at icix full-time for more than a year

Pros

A couple cute guys, LBGT friendly, I think they COO and CTO are LBGT friendly for sure. There is reasonable tolerance of work life balance. Catered food is perk here, although we also have food trucks coming that are also good.

Cons

Perhaps it's the musical chairs of how is working here today, but, we are losing ground and accounts with big name customers, e.g. Walmart etc. Seems like when Paul Touw came in there was this good inertia to grow and spend beyond a reasonable rate, and we've been paying for it every month from about 6 months of when he started. He also brought in this some silliness of what the business does verse reality. I think he lost the silliness battle and is on the street now as a 'consultant' to the company.

Keep up with staff reductions and consider a new management team. When you fail with a wonder-boy, you might want to consider a wonder-girl next time.

11 Other Employee Reviews for icix (View Most Recent)

Teriffic Product Idea

I worked at icix full-time

Pros

Nice people, casual atmosphere, lunch

Cons

Apparently no vision about how this great idea could be used, rudderless

Hope its not too late, the growth planned for last year just fizzled.

Things are changing....

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  South San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

I have been working at icix full-time for less than a year

Pros

Strong ownership of each employee's domain -- the teams are still small, and every person makes a very big difference to the company's performance and culture.

Related to that, there's a fair bit of freedom to figure things out your own way.

Upper management has a very good CV and seems to be pushing things in a good direction on the business side.

Free food (most days) and snacks.

Cons

The culture is kind of vague and has distinct "cliques", though this seems to be improving

Awkward commute (though it's better than being in the city)

Some serious lack of maturity for lots of internal things (expense reports are on paper, there's no intranet, HR is basically non-existant, etc.)

Some of the long-timers are so dead-set resistant to change. If they don't come around, they're only hurting morale. Lose them.

There are newer employer reviews for icix

Worked for icix? Contribute to the Community!