if(we) Tagged

www.ifwe.co
  www.ifwe.co
There are newer employer reviews for if(we) Tagged

Great company to work for with a lot of potential

I have been working at if(we) Tagged full-time (more than an year)

Pros

As with most competitive and thriving startups, the employee benefits and perks here are great and often exceed expectations.

The company culture is strong and quarterly team events, clubs, tournaments, hackathons, and awesome co-workers contribute to a good work/life balance and create a consistently positive and fun work environment.

The executive team is always open to employee feedback and strives to be transparent with the entire team.

Cons

Because the company is profitable and quickly growing, some of the startup mentality has disappeared. At times some employees seem to be along for the ride and more concerned with the day to day perks rather than working with an "all in" mentality.

The product vision changes frequently and in terms of mobile apps, there seems to be a pattern of playing catch up with popular trends rather than leading with well thought out concepts that play to the company's strengths and users.

With a strong and growing user base and a talented team of individuals all of the pieces are in place for a truly exceptional company. A refined and innovative vision can tap into this potential as Tagged continues to grow.

41 Other Employee Reviews for if(we) Tagged (View Most Recent)

Stellar startup

I have been working at if(we) Tagged full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Everyone is encouraged to work together to achieve results, so if you're a team player, you will fit in. Individuals are celebrated and recognized when they go above and beyond in helping their teammates, within their own department and across the company. It's a very open work environment, in the literal sense with open office seating (no cubicles or private offices) and also in the broader sense with the executives fostering transparency about what's going on with the company (financials, board decisions etc). You will really shine if you are willing to be flexible and scrappy (startups are often short on resources), but there are also unique opportunities here to learn skills outside of your normal responsibilities, try on many hats and collaborate with different teams. The best part of working here is experiencing a culture that encourages all teammates to really care and consider each other, and the management team definitely looks out for its employees. Employees are not taken for granted here, and that is something very special.

Cons

Like any startup, the company goals, initiatives and product direction changes frequently, and sometimes the employees get restless and want the management team to pick a course and stay on it. If you don't like change, don't work at a startup. Tagged, in particular, is always evolving as it is on a path to IPO, so if you're not comfortable strapping down for the ride, you will definitely get frustrated, and a corporate company may suit you better.

To the CEO in particular: you have a team here that loves the company and so badly wants to see it succeed. Be driven and passionate about leading Tagged to a victory, and you will have a ready army behind you. While employees do appreciate how well you treat them (culture, benefits etc), they also want to see you make Tagged as awesome on the outside for the whole world to see as it already is on the inside.

The money is good if you can stomach the site

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at if(we) Tagged full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Very nice work environment. The people are cool too and it's generally a fun place to be. Some are very smart, so that might rub off as well.

Cons

The website itself is rather unsavory. I found that I was embarrassed to tell people where I worked, in spite of liking the people and enjoying the work. If you are talented enough to work at Tagged, then you are probably also talented enough to work somewhere else with good (if a bit lower) compensation. I recommend you take the place that will give you more satisfaction. I realize this sounds like "Do what I say, not what I did." And yes, that's what kind of advice it is, so take it if you want.

Clean up the site. You say that the website is for people to meet other people, but I don't think that happens much, and it seems that making money is the priority. This is why fake profiles are still around. I think that helping people meet other people is a great idea and has a lot of potential, but I don't think your actually approaching that use case very creatively. I would do some significant research into how people actually want to meet each other (along with who they want to meet) and try to fit those desires like a glove. Also, try to get the scantily clad and creepy people off the site. I don't think the site will every go big with that stuff being prevalent on it.

There are newer employer reviews for if(we) Tagged