if(we) Tagged

www.ifwe.co
  www.ifwe.co
There are newer employer reviews for if(we) Tagged

Excitement of a startup, success of a mature business

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at if(we) Tagged full-time (less than an year)

Pros

If you’re looking to work in the tech industry but want a company that’s more established than the average startup, this is the place to be. Tagged is unique in that it has the culture and perks of startup life, but the company is stable and even profitable, while many startups are not.

Tagged encourages teamwork and collaboration in a variety of means, including an open seating arrangement. The CEO and other execs aren’t behind closed doors; they sit at desks arranged in “pods” just like the rest of the company. This makes for easy communication within teams and between different areas of the company as well.

One of the best parts about working for Tagged, in my opinion, is the culture of transparency. It’s no secret to employees how Tagged is doing as a business; the team is made well aware of what is working and what is not. Company-wide meetings each Friday serve as an open platform for different teams to share what they’re working on, which I greatly appreciate as someone on the non-engineering side of the business. The Team Meetings also allow employees to ask questions of the executive team through an anonymous “feedback box.”

Ultimately, the people here are what make Tagged such a great place to work – there is some top notch talent and it’s easy to see how that is driving the company forward. Plus, employees really care about the company’s values and culture, which makes Tagged a truly special team to be a part of.

Cons

The product itself can be hard to sell. Tagged.com is very “Web 1.0” to say the least, despite the fact that we have a team that’s beyond capable of building beautiful products. While I’m proud to work for Tagged, I’m not eager to show the site off to people outside of the company.

Working for Tagged, or any startup, also means that change is constant. The product vision is constantly in flux, which is exciting but also frustrating at times. Certain ideas work and others do not – and it’s difficult to see hard work put into initiatives that don’t come to fruition.

Don’t be afraid to take risks when it comes to the Tagged product. In my mind it’s worth making big changes to the site, and ultimately this is what will drive us forward and allow us to become a big player in the technology space.

41 Other Employee Reviews for if(we) Tagged (View Most Recent)

TLDR; great company...product can use some improvement.

I have been working at if(we) Tagged full-time

Pros

- Great work culture
    - The people here are very friendly, interesting, and intelligent
    - Good perks and benefits
    - The nature of the company exposes you to a lot of technical knowledge that you would otherwise not get at a much larger company (great learning opportunities!)

Cons

- The website. It looks like it was made in the 90s.

Put some effort into making the site look more professional and less "busy". We're actually in the progress of seriously committing to this now so we'll see how it goes.

Tagged has an amazing culture, supportive managers and great communication between executives and the team.

Current Employee - Project Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at if(we) Tagged full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The culture is laid back, friendly and collaborative. The compensation is more than fair and the benefits (heath, in house - ie: yoga, massages, etc and extra perks) are all more than I could have ever dreamed of. And the food is top notch, too! Management is constantly looking for feedback on how to improve the employee experience and they are always willing to foster an environment for the employees to learn and grow personally and professionally.

Cons

Because of all of the great perks, it seems that some employees feel entitled.

Keep up the company and executive transparency.

There are newer employer reviews for if(we) Tagged