inVentiv Health
www.inventivhealth.com Burlington, MA 5000+ Employees

Disappointing Experience

Director (Current Employee)
Somerset, NJ

ProsThere are many dedicated, hard working, good employees trying hard to help this company succeed.

ConsUpper management is the biggest con here. They are universally out of touch with the needs of the business, demonstrate a lack of knowledge about the requirements of operating in the pharma space, and do not have a unified focus for driving business or transforming the company into a cohesive whole rather than a loose conglomeration of acquisitions. Resources, both as manpower and capital expenditures, are tightly restricted. Workloads are unreasonably high and are paired with the expectation that employees are to work days, nights, weekends, holidays and on vacations as management deems. An employee was called away from his parent's funeral to come in to work on what was deemed to be an essential issue, for example. Additionally, professional best practices and general common sense are in short supply. Also, there is a recent trend toward outsourcing employee positions to overseas contractors across multiple departments. IT has been the hardest hit by this resource action, and others appear to be following suit.

Advice to Senior ManagementUnderstand your industry, engage your employees, provide tangible incentives for loyalty and high levels of performance, and do away with your outsourcing plans.

I really loved working for this company.

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative (Former Employee)
    Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at inVentiv Health full-time for more than a year

Pros: Great people to work with. Management is great and pay is competitive with other… Cons: When your contract ends, then you are out of a… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Started out good, but went downhill with THL/LibertyLane takeover

Information Technology (Former Employee)
    Columbus, OH

I worked at inVentiv Health full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Used to have a good culture, well run departments with… Cons: THL LibertyLane capital partners Outsourcing or staffing internal departments with inept people Cutting… Advice to Senior Management: You're incompetent capitalists. Stop destroying the company. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on inVentiv Health.

Worked for inVentiv Health? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at inVentiv Health reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for inVentiv Health CEO Paul M. Meister. All reviews posted anonymously by inVentiv Health employees.