inVentiv Health

www.inventivhealth.com
  www.inventivhealth.com
There are newer employer reviews for inVentiv Health

Great people and great place to work

Former Employee - Senior Developer in Newtown, PA
Former Employee - Senior Developer in Newtown, PA

I worked at inVentiv Health full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I worked here for only a few years but everyone was great to work with.

Cons

Not sure where the company was headed or its success?

203 Other Employee Reviews for inVentiv Health (View Most Recent)

No longer recommended...

Current Employee - Manager in Somerset, NJ
    Current Employee - Manager in Somerset, NJ

I have been working at inVentiv Health full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

If it were 2008 again, I would HIGHLY recommend this company. But it's not and things at inVentiv Health have changed DRAMATICALLY over the past 3 years. There are still many employees of the company who have been there for long enough to remember the great 'family' feeling that was present everywhere in the company. They are loyal and dedicated people trying to hold onto the 'we're all in this together' mentality that this company had previously. Unfortunately, the number of these employees is getting smaller every day. Good for them but sad for those still left behind.

Another pro was the vision of the company and the direction it was going in. I used to be proud of what I did when going to work, I used to not hate waking up in the morning (how many working Americans could have said that or could say it now?), I used to take pride in what I did.

Sad to say, things are VERY different now.

Cons

These same people mentioned above are finding it impossible to keep the inVentiv 'family' together due to decisions made by the bean counters. Walking through the halls is like walking through a morgue. Most everyone is miserable, overworked, underpaid and looking for other, more rewarding careers somewhere else where their work, loyalty and dedication are recognized and rewarded.

The owners of this company seem to have no interest in employee welfare. Their only interest is the bottom line and how to cut costs. Between laying off people who have been there for years and outsourcing key components of the business, the higher ups are certainly saving the company money. But to what end I fear?

Because of decisions made from 'above', the company will not, in my opinion, fare well over the next year.

I would advise anyone looking for any kind of rewarding career to NOT research inVentiv Health. It's not going to get better. It will get worse over the next few weeks as another key component of the business is being outsourced to another country. Clients have been told about this outsourcing, but I don't feel they realize the true impact that this will have.

Learn how to run a business and not care ONLY about your bottom line. This company is going down and the employees know it. Be more human and know that the people who MADE this company and are still working there realize that the new management has only one interest: saving money. While all employees probably understand that ultimately, it is about how much money is made, they also recognize that those making the decisions mentioned above seem faceless, soulless and emotionally empty human beings. Bottom Line: my advice is to show the current employees that while you're concerned with the bottom line, you also recognize that without all of the inVentiv Health family, inVentiv Health/Ventiv/Snyder are worth nothing.

I didn't get to stay employeed here long enough to form this kind of a review.

Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Somerset, NJ
    Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Somerset, NJ

I have been working at inVentiv Health full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Large work environment with many new technologies at your disposal to learn and support

Cons

Worked here for 5 months and they outsourced all of IT to an overseas company.

A contract this large for outsourcing had to be in the works prior to me being hired. A little honesty would have been appreciated.

There are newer employer reviews for inVentiv Health