There are newer employer reviews for inVentiv Health

Corporate Greed

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Columbus, OH
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I have been working at inVentiv Health full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great people, used to get good raises and bonuses.

Cons

Since we were bought out, everything has changed. Morale is terrible as everyone just waits for the next shoe to drop. No one knows what is going on, or who is running things. No one wants to take responsibility for anything, management is almost non-existent, but lots of chiefs at the top getting fat.

I don't think there's anything that can be done until someone buys us who actually cares about the people.

174 Other Employee Reviews for inVentiv Health (View Most Recent)

lots of change

Current Employee - Site Activation Manager  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Site Activation Manager in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at inVentiv Health full-time for more than a year

Pros

Love the people and work I do.

Cons

benefits, no PPO. HSA has a very dedutible. Employees hired a year ago received a higher starting pay; salary rose, then lowered again. Hard to get bonus pay...compensation is performance based.

Treat employees with the same consideration you give to external customers, ie. return phone calls, follow through with what you say you will do.

Private Equity greed rules

Current Employee - Manager  in  Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Manager in Columbus, OH

I have been working at inVentiv Health full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Decent pay, at least in Columbus, OH, you can hide out and do nothing and get paid

Cons

Management and ownership (Thomas H. Lee Partners) are only concerned with putting a bow on the package before they sell the whole mess. The prevailing strategy of trying to "cross sell" services is laughable, as our clients don't buy that way but like I said, it's all about positioning it for resale. This short term view will ultimately bring this company down, as it is highly-leveraged.

The whole IT team was let go and replaced by a cheaper Indian company, healthcare benefits have been slashed (and this is a healthcare company!!), there's no day care or fitness and only a few upper managers get meaningful bonuses.

The advertising agency, GSW, in Columbus is poorly run and morale is terrible. The creative all looks the same and is tied to agency egos, not selling products or services. The account service teams are all stooges for their dim clients with little to offer in the way of real strategies.

Expect continuing layoffs, cutbacks and a sale, when a chump is found.

You can't give advice to those consumed with "flipping" the company. They don't care about the employees or the long-term health of inVentiv, only a return on their investment.

There are newer employer reviews for inVentiv Health

Worked for inVentiv Health? Contribute to the Community!