j2 Global

Company in Transition

Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at j2 Global

Pros

Great opportunity to work with new technologies and learn new things.

Cons

Company is/was in transition. They were acquiring competitors and restructuring the organization constantly. From a filed perspetive, it was very unsettled.

Be more open with the filed about what is going on. Sometimes that is difficult when business negotiations are on-going.

57 Other Employee Reviews for j2 Global (View Most Recent)

Match made in heaven until you take the shroud from your eyes

Former Employee - Telesales in Hollywood, CA
    Former Employee - Telesales in Hollywood, CA

I worked at j2 Global

Pros

Great people to be around and work with. You will have life long friendships with sales and Customer Support reps. A masseuse comes on Wednesday to massage you and you have free fruits, soda, and coffee.

Cons

The worst base salary and commission structure on planet earth. You start off making around $10 plus commission and if you don't make quota they will take a huge percentage of your commission away from you. You may only get a 25% payout for your hard work of bring huge revenue into the company. You are reviewed on calls based on low conversion rate which makes no sense since you can have scores in the 90's and have a 20% conversion rate. Working on Hollywood Blvd. is overrated and you will dread coming to work the month of the Academy Awards, don't forget that it's Hollywood and not Beverly Hills. You still have to deal with the bums, crackheads, and weirdos. Oh and when you break monthly team records for sales they give you a mug instead of compensating you with a bonus or raise. They like to give you wine tastings, drum sticks with the company logo and coffee mugs instead of raising your salary for your hard work. If your base was equivalent to $10 an hour you can work there several years and will leave with the exact same base salary...

Fire yourself since you've been there over 7 years and have the worst communication and leadership skills. Compensate your sales people because they are the true grit to bringing revenue into the company.

Not a good place for front level customer serving employees

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at j2 Global

Pros

The office is close to my home. My co workers, casual work environment

Cons

Overall compensation is low for a Company of its size. Middle and senior management lack of respect for 1st level employees, I don’t feel valued.
    Management and board members lack of a customer 1st attitude.

Be more customer and 1st level employee centric. Remember that without your 1st level customer serving employees you would have NO customer base. So treat us with respect and VAULE our experience by paying us a fair wage, as well as rewarding your 1st level employees who have a proven track recorded with a pay raise based on performance and level of work that we must handle.
    DO NOT make us feel like we are Indispensable