j2 Global

Management Is A Joke

Former Employee - Sales in West Hollywood, CA
Former Employee - Sales in West Hollywood, CA

I worked at j2 Global

Pros

close to home, good hours, and the compensation was not too bad. I've had jobs worse than this in my life.

Cons

You will never know until your 90 day review if your performance is good, bad, or average. If you pass the 90 days, it simply means your numbers were good and they will not probably be firing you unless your numbers plummet. if you don't make it past 90 days, don't take it personally - it's because the management has no training program and never will. nobody knows why. actually, the products are good, so they sell themselves, and they may as well just hire people for minimum wage to answer the phones and take orders. they have no business hiring experienced sales professionals like myself to do their dirty work for them. sales management has been there forever and needs a swift kick out the door. Everybody knows it, too. The management eventually fired almost all of the people who were on the team when i was there, including me. We think it's because they knew we didn't respect them. quite sad...we could've done a lot for the company. Lord knows we were all overqualified for our jobs!!

Fire the sales management and start all over with new. if you can ever do that, things at j2 will start looking up. marketing department is also atrocious so need to replace them too.

57 Other Employee Reviews for j2 Global (View Most Recent)

Company in Transition

Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at j2 Global

Pros

Great opportunity to work with new technologies and learn new things.

Cons

Company is/was in transition. They were acquiring competitors and restructuring the organization constantly. From a filed perspetive, it was very unsettled.

Be more open with the filed about what is going on. Sometimes that is difficult when business negotiations are on-going.

Match made in heaven until you take the shroud from your eyes

Former Employee - Telesales in Hollywood, CA
    Former Employee - Telesales in Hollywood, CA

I worked at j2 Global

Pros

Great people to be around and work with. You will have life long friendships with sales and Customer Support reps. A masseuse comes on Wednesday to massage you and you have free fruits, soda, and coffee.

Cons

The worst base salary and commission structure on planet earth. You start off making around $10 plus commission and if you don't make quota they will take a huge percentage of your commission away from you. You may only get a 25% payout for your hard work of bring huge revenue into the company. You are reviewed on calls based on low conversion rate which makes no sense since you can have scores in the 90's and have a 20% conversion rate. Working on Hollywood Blvd. is overrated and you will dread coming to work the month of the Academy Awards, don't forget that it's Hollywood and not Beverly Hills. You still have to deal with the bums, crackheads, and weirdos. Oh and when you break monthly team records for sales they give you a mug instead of compensating you with a bonus or raise. They like to give you wine tastings, drum sticks with the company logo and coffee mugs instead of raising your salary for your hard work. If your base was equivalent to $10 an hour you can work there several years and will leave with the exact same base salary...

Fire yourself since you've been there over 7 years and have the worst communication and leadership skills. Compensate your sales people because they are the true grit to bringing revenue into the company.

There are newer employer reviews for j2 Global