It's OK but drawbacks

Former Employee - Software Test Engineer in Los Angeles, CA
Former Employee - Software Test Engineer in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at j2 Global

Pros

j2 Global is a stable company that seems to be poised for growth over the next 5 years. They manage their sales well and have a good business model.

Cons

Management seems out of touch with current business operations practices. It seems that the few employees who are invested in the company are the only ones who benefit from its success.

Advice to Management

Provide better incentive for the employees to do a good job and the rewards will be more than anticipated.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Management Is A Joke

Former Employee - Sales in West Hollywood, CA
    Former Employee - Sales in West Hollywood, CA

I worked at j2 Global

Pros

close to home, good hours, and the compensation was not too bad. I've had jobs worse than this in my life.

Cons

You will never know until your 90 day review if your performance is good, bad, or average. If you pass the 90 days, it simply means your numbers were good and they will not probably be firing you unless your numbers plummet. if you don't make it past 90 days, don't take it personally - it's because the management has no training program and never will. nobody knows why. actually, the products are good, so they sell themselves, and they may as well just hire people for minimum wage to answer the phones and take orders. they have no business hiring experienced sales professionals like myself to do their dirty work for them. sales management has been there forever and needs a swift kick out the door. Everybody knows it, too. The management eventually fired almost all of the people who were on the team when i was there, including me. We think it's because they knew we didn't respect them. quite sad...we could've done a lot for the company. Lord knows we were all overqualified for our jobs!!

Advice to Management

Fire the sales management and start all over with new. if you can ever do that, things at j2 will start looking up. marketing department is also atrocious so need to replace them too.

2. Company in Transition

Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at j2 Global

Pros

Great opportunity to work with new technologies and learn new things.

Cons

Company is/was in transition. They were acquiring competitors and restructuring the organization constantly. From a filed perspetive, it was very unsettled.

Advice to Management

Be more open with the filed about what is going on. Sometimes that is difficult when business negotiations are on-going.