There are newer employer reviews for lastminute.com

A very good place to work.

Current Employee - Developer  in  London, England (UK)
Current Employee - Developer in London, England (UK)

I have been working at lastminute.com

Pros

There is always something happening that is exciting and interesting - we get to use varied technology and tools and there is always the opportunity to learn new skills.
Everyone who works with me is fun and enthusiastic. It's unusual that I don't dislike a single person in the entire company :)

Cons

The 2 weeks sick pay is much lower than any other place I have worked and lower than anyone else I speak to gets.

Nothing really, it all seems to be going well and I can't offer any advice that you don't already have. The only thing is to try and promote a little more communication between the different departments.

29 Other Employee Reviews for lastminute.com (View Most Recent)

Great co-workers and good work life balance but some bureacratic nonsense makes it frustrating.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at lastminute.com

Pros

Some of the best people I've ever worked with - generally helpful, making themselves available to support and advise, and there's a good social scene - often counselling about work :), but also going to work events, valentine singles events, free theatre tickets, etc.

There's a ton of change going on which comes with strains as well as opportunities - you could get promoted quite quickly here but you may not get the support you need in new roles.

The brand is well recognised in UK and Europe, though the website is pretty basic right now.

Corporate communications are poor but are improving. This is a company changing from a dotcom into a grown up corporation. It has pluses and minues and some people will always feel the change is for worse.

Michelle Peluso, CEO Travelocity, is a smart cookie and a good leader but I feel she's let down by the middle managers, some of whom should never have been hired and have no idea how to run a global, distributed company.

Cons

US owner Sabre/Travelocity dictating strategy and injecting buckets of bureacracy.

Some of the worst middle management I've ever encountered in some areas of business. Completely clueless idiots.

Senior communications are sometimes detached from the reality of individuals, but they are trying to do something about that.

Morale in some areas, e.g. tech, is pretty bad right now but I think it's improving.

Lack of co-ordination and communication between different parts of business can mean duplication of effort or worse, politics.

It seems to be that all the change seems to breed politics - lots of land-grabbing of stuff, whilst some people simply want to get stuff done and don't give two hoots about who owns what so long as the company makes money (I much prefer working with these people).

Salary is below average though it's the 20 days holiday and crap sick pay / pension which really seems out of character for a company that is trying to be 'grown up' and no longer a dotcom.

Cut out the cruft in middle management and empower the employees to drive the strategy. Managers should coach and co-ordinate and not dictate nonsense.

Great for experience but not for a career

Current Employee - Technical Team Lead  in  London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Technical Team Lead in London, England (UK)

I have been working at lastminute.com

Pros

It has good atmosphere, good travel perks, great people, a central city location (the london office does anyway). It is a good place to learn new technologies and put them into practice. Young and vibrant workforce.

Cons

It also has broken processes, low salaries, lack of career progression, low retention of skilled staff, lack of bonuses even though HR tell all new staff they will get a bonus! often we ear news about the company on the news before our managers tell us.

Improve the long term career prospects of staff and pay proper industry level wages.

There are newer employer reviews for lastminute.com

Worked for lastminute.com? Contribute to the Community!