Great Opportunity, Great Support

Current Employee - Senior Mortgage Banker in Foothill Ranch, CA
Current Employee - Senior Mortgage Banker in Foothill Ranch, CA

I have been working at loanDepot full-time (More than a year)

Pros

From the very beginning, this company has had everyone's back. I came into the industry with no experience and not an idea of what to do. The company paid for my training and all of my licensing. The training staff had our backs the whole time, and you can tell people are happy with their jobs.

You hear directly and frequently from the CEO, and there are numerous avenues where your input can be provided. Managers provide great support and I have never felt like I was left out to dry.

You run your own business. You have to work hard for what you get but that seems to be the notion with life. At least I know I can control my results. There are many opportunities here.There are a ton of opportunities in this company and they are always hiring from within as well.

I have recommended the company to my friends and family.

Cons

Sometimes the work and hours become heavy, but it is a result based industry.

reviews filtered by

The good reviews you are reading are completed by management! Trust me!

Current Employee - Senior Mortgage Banker in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Mortgage Banker in Plano, TX

I have been working at loanDepot full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I honestly tried to find a pro about working here. I cannot think of any...

Cons

Long hours with little pay...you will make 35K/year and that will be working 60 hours a week. Everyone on the phones is looking for another job. Overtime would not be bad if we were making the 8K/month they promised. They pay you practically minimum wage for the first 4 months and claim they pay a lot of money to train you. Then why won't you pay a decent wage during training? If you invest 'so much' in every employee- why not invest in a decent wage to live on? Do not work here!

Advice to Management

Take care of your employees like you promise - words don't mean anything. Action does.

loanDepot Response

Apr 22, 2014Director of Recruiting

We appreciate all comments, both positive and constructive, so thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

Best place to work, hands down

Current Employee - Senior Mortgage Banker
    Current Employee - Senior Mortgage Banker

I have been working at loanDepot full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people are awesome. Huge emphasis on having a positive atmosphere. Having a positive attitude and good work ethic goes a LONG way here. Also, we get tons of leads. Even though the market slowed down this company is still growing, buying more leads and hiring more people.

Cons

I have ZERO complaints. Seriously.

Advice to Management

Jump in and silent monitor and second voice more sales calls. 2 heads are better than one, and everybody gets sharper at their job and makes more $. You guys are awesome = )