There are newer employer reviews for loanDepot

Loan Depot is a sweat shop! It is very stressful.

Former Employee - Senior Account Manager
Former Employee - Senior Account Manager

I worked at loanDepot

Pros

Pros-paycheck and overtime. They promote from within, but only if you worked for their prior companies. If you want to spend all your time at work and have no life, then this is the place for you.

Cons

Cons-You are only a number, poor management, sweat shop. This place is like high school with lots of clique's. They will let you know that you are disposable.

Advice to Management

Management is extremely unprofessional. Lied to me about the job, hours and pay. They are micro-managers. Bad atmosphere and moral. Better work life balance is critical!

loanDepot Response

Sep 11, 2013VP Talent Management

We appreciate feedback both constructive and positive, so thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

We do recognize that work/life balance is critical to employee happiness as well
... More

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Great fast-growing, employee-focused company!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at loanDepot full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It’s clear senior leadership has a vision to navigate the ongoing changes in the industry to ensure long-term success.
    Dedicated management that puts a premium on office culture, morale and employee satisfaction while driving for continued production and growth.
    Good pay and incentive plans. Company puts a lot of money and effort into marketing and generating leads to support ongoing volume and increasing market share. Management encourages collaboration between internal partners.

Cons

As with all jobs in the mortgage industry, when it’s busy it can seem like there’s not enough time in the day to get through the workload. There are a lot of customers to assist right now (which is a really good thing) so high production and overtime is expected, but management does its best to support production staff with lunches and dinners on those big days and there are numerous employee appreciation activities whenever possible. Communication between sites in different states needs improvement.

2. Second Family

I have been working at loanDepot full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Hard work and Dedication brings you to the top. If you want to be sub par, don't waste your time, you will just complain that you are "working too hard" There is great opportunity to grow at this company, products are always being added. Innovation is key, and there are a lot of things that are happening here. The most important "Pro" is the man that heads this ship.. Anthony Hsieh. There is no one like him, and he expects nothing but Excellence. loanDepot is his baby, he and his team care for us as employees. They do monthly company paid lunches, yearly events, most companies take their top loan officers to company paid trips, loanDepot does too, but they include processing, funding, underwriting, etc! This is a great place to learn, move up and continue to learn..

Cons

I read all the reviews, and it's interesting to see some of the comments, as I have been at loanDepot for 4 years, I mostly keep to my self and take pride in my work, but I can always point out the negative Nelly's that hang out by the water cooler and spread their negativity, I can always tell who they are as right after they are gone, there is a comment on Glass Door. The truth is that the only negative comment I have about working at loanDepot is that they give too many people chances that in their gut they know they probably shouldn't have. lt seems that sometimes LD thinks that the person is just looking for a place to finally call home, and disregard the person's tenure in their previous job, but I think we all know better than that, the person will never change, not matter where they go. Go with your gut loanDepot, save yourself from bad reviews, because I have seen my colleagues grow, move up into different roles, buy homes, build strong friendships, and I have seen people's lives improve because of the opportunities you have given us. Our families thank you.