lululemon
www.lululemon.com Vancouver, Canada 5000+ Employees

Created new possibilities.

Assistant Manager (Former Employee)
Dallas, TX

I worked at lululemon full-time for more than a year

Proslululemon is comitted to the development of their employees. They are comitted to growing their business on the platform of core values and organic connections with their community. The passion of the employees resonates on the soudning board of integrity and good health. lululemon allows their associates to be empowered to make decisions.
A day in the life of a lululemon is never ordinary. Nothing was ever impossible. We worked like a true team and were in charge and challeged to get over ourselves and find our own greatness.

ConsAs a store assistant manager, we worked our tails off. My lIfe became all about luluemon, supporting my associates in all of their goals/endevors (often outside of the store) and trying to fit in 10 classes a week.. Don't get me wrong, I had a ton of fun; and at that point in my career I needed to connect on that level with my organization,. However, I felt as though there was no time for anything other than lululemon and I began to feel unbalanced. My relationships with non-lulus suffered and I became detached to a lifestyle that I once knew.

Advice to Senior ManagementLululemon athletica absolutley changed my life for the positive and my career has soared since my time there. I came to lululemon at exactly the right time. I was just about to run my first marathon; I had been laid off from my position as Senior Buyer with a Dallas department store, and I was thirsty for an organization that focused on development. I came in a little broken, though; perhaps a little ego-heavy. Probably alot. That acknowledged, I was comitted to changing and I jumped in with complete valour.
Before long, I was promoted to AM of Galleria, Dallas. It was wonderful. My real love, however, was the other side of the business- I had spent 10 years as a buyer, and I wanted so badly to be back on that side. Unable to even consider relocating to BC, I eventually took a position as product development manager. During this time, though, I became a yoga teacher and found a whole new love for teaching. My path as a yogi has opened possibilites that are making life beautiful.
My heart remains with lululemon and I hold on to the idea that someday our paths will again cross. I still buy most of my clothes there!

More companies should treat their employees this way!

Seasonal Educator (Former Employee)
Evanston, IL

I worked at lululemon part-time for less than a year

Pros: Integrity-based work ethic that values the individual qualities of employees. Luluemon works to recognize the employees as human individuals… Cons: Difficult for introverts or anyone with depression. This is a job that requires a great deal of energy output in terms of bringing cheer and… Advice to Senior Management: Educators should have scheduled "off" days where they do administrative or back-of-the-store work, or work closing/opening. It is difficult… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Fun place to work

Senior Developer (Former Employee)
San Francisco, CA

I worked at lululemon full-time for less than a year

Pros: - Growth opportunities - Cool people - Work life balance Cons: - lack of technology people Advice to Senior Management: Top management needs to facilitate for more technology exposure Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on lululemon.

Worked for lululemon? Contribute to the Community!

lululemon – Why Work for Us?

lululemon athletica: our company history After 20 years in the surf, skate and snowboard business, founder Chip Wilson took the first commercial yoga class offered in Vancouver and found the result exhilarating. The… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at lululemon reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for lululemon CEO Laurent Potdevin . All reviews posted anonymously by lululemon employees.