Created new possibilities.

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Dallas, TX
Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at lululemon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

lululemon is comitted to the development of their employees. They are comitted to growing their business on the platform of core values and organic connections with their community. The passion of the employees resonates on the soudning board of integrity and good health. lululemon allows their associates to be empowered to make decisions. A day in the life of a lululemon is never ordinary. Nothing was ever impossible. We worked like a true team and were in charge and challeged to get over ourselves and find our own greatness.

Cons

As a store assistant manager, we worked our tails off. My lIfe became all about luluemon, supporting my associates in all of their goals/endevors (often outside of the store) and trying to fit in 10 classes a week.. Don't get me wrong, I had a ton of fun; and at that point in my career I needed to connect on that level with my organization,. However, I felt as though there was no time for anything other than lululemon and I began to feel unbalanced. My relationships with non-lulus suffered and I became detached to a lifestyle that I once knew.

Advice to Management

Lululemon athletica absolutley changed my life for the positive and my career has soared since my time there. I came to lululemon at exactly the right time. I was just about to run my first marathon; I had been laid off from my position as Senior Buyer with a Dallas department store, and I was thirsty for an organization that focused on development. I came in a little broken, though; perhaps a little ego-heavy. Probably alot. That acknowledged, I was comitted to changing and I jumped in with complete valour. Before long, I was promoted to AM of Galleria, Dallas. It was wonderful. My real love, however, was the other side of the business- I had spent 10 years as a buyer, and I wanted so badly to be back on that side. Unable to even consider relocating to BC, I eventually took a position as product development manager. During this time, though, I became a yoga teacher and found a whole new love for teaching. My path as a yogi has opened possibilites that are making life beautiful. My heart remains with lululemon and I hold on to the idea that someday our paths will again cross. I still buy most of my clothes there!

Other Employee Reviews for lululemon

More companies should treat their employees this way!

Former Employee - Seasonal Educator in Evanston, IL
    Former Employee - Seasonal Educator in Evanston, IL

I worked at lululemon part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Integrity-based work ethic that values the individual qualities of employees. Luluemon works to recognize the employees as human individuals along a path. They encourage goal-setting, planning, entrepreneurship and a friendly atmosphere. This is a nurturing environment which emphasizes creativity.

Cons

Difficult for introverts or anyone with depression. This is a job that requires a great deal of energy output in terms of bringing cheer and compassion to customers ("guests"). Sometimes you can get by on a day of simply folding clothes and doing your job well, but most of the time you need to "perform". Performance, however, must be authentic which can be difficult for seasonal or chemical depression.

Advice to Management

Educators should have scheduled "off" days where they do administrative or back-of-the-store work, or work closing/opening. It is difficult to always be "on" and unsustainable. Everything else is fantastic, though, and I really respect the entire lululemon company structure.

2. Fun place to work

Former Employee - Senior Developer in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Developer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at lululemon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Growth opportunities - Cool people - Work life balance

Cons

- lack of technology people

Advice to Management

Top management needs to facilitate for more technology exposure