There are newer employer reviews for lululemon

Horrible at hiring process...be fake to get ahead.

Current Employee - Educator in Toronto, ON (Canada)
Current Employee - Educator in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at lululemon full-time (less than an year)

Pros

-Fantastic discount
-Free, and sometimes paid for, fitness classes... I also always have someone in the store who wants to go with me :)
-It can be fun- you get to try on lululemon clothes during paid hours and comment on them
-Staff meetings are actually enjoyable
-Being around happy people rubs off- I smile more, I think more positively, I am more inspired in terms of my health
-Good locations; lululemon doesn't usually choose sketchy neighborhoods to settle in
-Uniquely gorgeous co-workers; I've worked with some lovely and empathetic people!
-The company explains WHY they make particular decisions- you feel valued and included

Cons

The interview process is infuriating... I've interviewed so many times before and after I've gotten hired. The company totally leaves it up to the key leaders discretion on whether someone gets a one-on-one interview. If they're threatened by you, you won't get hired. It DOES NOT MATTER AT ALL if you've worked for the company before and got a killer reference, they want someone who fits their *personal* image of the ideal educator.

Your goals are out for everyone to see-guests, co-workers, etc. Not alot of privacy in this company... and that goes against the whole life-work "balance" the company preaches.

You have to fit in this box of expected behavour- I am frequently told to smile more, to stand up straight, that I look better with my makeup/hair done

They occasionally hire bitchy, fake girls, and if managment likes them, these girls get ahead. Nevermind that they don't work well in a team oriented environment

I started out with a fabulous manager, despite her inexperience.

But as I interview with different stores, I find that around half the management I come across is fake and inefficient. They have little integrity when faced with previous words they've said to me. Management needs to get their ass in gear, and hire people who are committed to the brand and not just likeable to their key leader!!

223 Other Employee Reviews for lululemon (View Most Recent)

Good, bad, and ugly

Current Employee - Retail Educator
    Current Employee - Retail Educator

I have been working at lululemon full-time

Pros

Decent perks and a fairly flexible schedule (as long as you don't go into store-management)

Cons

they'll take all they can get from you and more (with little compensation). A "pipeline" based more on weird politics than skill and merit.

Start walking the walk.

Don't do it! Unprofessional and negative. A complete joke of a company. Don't get sucked into it.

Former Employee - Assistant Manager
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager

I worked at lululemon full-time (less than an year)

Pros

60% discount for your first purchase only, unless you are a manager. Nice product (although extremely expensive). 2 free workouts per week.

Cons

Constant negative feedback, sorority-like environment, stupid way of talking, fake company "muses", horrid management. If you are not beautiful, in excellent shape, and young, you will get nowhere with them. They are terrible as far as hiring a wide variety of people. They make their clothes for tiny, athletic types. Management has no problem slamming you for any reason they can think of. I have heard this time and time again from people who have worked for this company. If you get through the first interview, expect 2 additional interviews, and they are group interviews. My 3rd interview they made us do rediculous tasks in public! After 3 days, I was completely ripped by my boss several times for things that didn't even occur! She refused to let me succeed. I still can't figure out how after 3 interviews and numerous conversations with her and after she told me she & I just "clicked", why she decided after Day 3 on the job that she couldn't stand me. What a joke.

Hire managers with experience. Be open to all types of employees and not just beautiful, svelte, very young women. Encourage positive feedback instead of slamming.

There are newer employer reviews for lululemon