There are newer employer reviews for lululemon

Great environment, great people, great culture

Former Employee - Educator  in  Berkeley, CA
Former Employee - Educator in Berkeley, CA

I worked at lululemon full-time for more than a year

Pros

They personally develop their team and reinvest in their employees through generous pay and benefits.

Cons

The community is small so the relationships are authentic, which in some aspects keep employees from making new connections.

216 Other Employee Reviews for lululemon (View Most Recent)

cliquey

Former Employee - Educator  in  Evanston, IL
    Former Employee - Educator in Evanston, IL

I worked at lululemon part-time for less than a year

Pros

casual atmosphere. got to wear yoga pants to work every day. free classes and yoga every week. Good pay. Great co-workers.

Cons

My managers left a lot to be desired. I was ousted from the store by my assistant manager because I wasn't "peppy" enough. She only gave me 4 hours of work a week and proceeded to tell me that we did not have enough hours to go around for everyone.
    My manager acted like a prepubescent girl, going after any man who came into the store. No real direction. No real management. Just two teenagers posing as middle aged women.

Do your job and manage. Treat everyone fairly. Stop gossiping and being cliquey.

Created new possibilities.

Former Employee - Assistant Manager  in  Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at lululemon full-time for more than a year

Pros

lululemon is comitted to the development of their employees. They are comitted to growing their business on the platform of core values and organic connections with their community. The passion of the employees resonates on the soudning board of integrity and good health. lululemon allows their associates to be empowered to make decisions.
    A day in the life of a lululemon is never ordinary. Nothing was ever impossible. We worked like a true team and were in charge and challeged to get over ourselves and find our own greatness.

Cons

As a store assistant manager, we worked our tails off. My lIfe became all about luluemon, supporting my associates in all of their goals/endevors (often outside of the store) and trying to fit in 10 classes a week.. Don't get me wrong, I had a ton of fun; and at that point in my career I needed to connect on that level with my organization,. However, I felt as though there was no time for anything other than lululemon and I began to feel unbalanced. My relationships with non-lulus suffered and I became detached to a lifestyle that I once knew.

Lululemon athletica absolutley changed my life for the positive and my career has soared since my time there. I came to lululemon at exactly the right time. I was just about to run my first marathon; I had been laid off from my position as Senior Buyer with a Dallas department store, and I was thirsty for an organization that focused on development. I came in a little broken, though; perhaps a little ego-heavy. Probably alot. That acknowledged, I was comitted to changing and I jumped in with complete valour.
    Before long, I was promoted to AM of Galleria, Dallas. It was wonderful. My real love, however, was the other side of the business- I had spent 10 years as a buyer, and I wanted so badly to be back on that side. Unable to even consider relocating to BC, I eventually took a position as product development manager. During this time, though, I became a yoga teacher and found a whole new love for teaching. My path as a yogi has opened possibilites that are making life beautiful.
    My heart remains with lululemon and I hold on to the idea that someday our paths will again cross. I still buy most of my clothes there!

There are newer employer reviews for lululemon

Worked for lululemon? Contribute to the Community!