lululemon

www.lululemon.com
There are newer employer reviews for lululemon

First Interview

I worked at lululemon

Pros

Believe in the clothing (quality,durability, style). Good corporate citizen. Reflects health and wellness, and active lifestyle.

Cons

Discriminate in their hiring policy against older/mature workforce. Want all 20 somethings in their stores as educators, while the population is changing radically. They are not keeping up with the times. More and more men and women in their 40s, 50s and upwards are purchasing their apparel. They don't seem to want to reflect this in the staff they hire.

Take note of the changing demographics. Your staff should reflect the population not only in age but diversity. There are more 40+ women in better shape than most 20 year olds. This is reflected in my yoga classes. It is very apparent that your hiring practices are not consistent with the law.

239 Other Employee Reviews for lululemon (View Most Recent)

Horrible at hiring process...be fake to get ahead.

Current Employee - Educator in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Educator in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at lululemon full-time (less than an year)

Pros

-Fantastic discount
    -Free, and sometimes paid for, fitness classes... I also always have someone in the store who wants to go with me :)
    -It can be fun- you get to try on lululemon clothes during paid hours and comment on them
    -Staff meetings are actually enjoyable
    -Being around happy people rubs off- I smile more, I think more positively, I am more inspired in terms of my health
    -Good locations; lululemon doesn't usually choose sketchy neighborhoods to settle in
    -Uniquely gorgeous co-workers; I've worked with some lovely and empathetic people!
    -The company explains WHY they make particular decisions- you feel valued and included

Cons

The interview process is infuriating... I've interviewed so many times before and after I've gotten hired. The company totally leaves it up to the key leaders discretion on whether someone gets a one-on-one interview. If they're threatened by you, you won't get hired. It DOES NOT MATTER AT ALL if you've worked for the company before and got a killer reference, they want someone who fits their *personal* image of the ideal educator.

Your goals are out for everyone to see-guests, co-workers, etc. Not alot of privacy in this company... and that goes against the whole life-work "balance" the company preaches.

You have to fit in this box of expected behavour- I am frequently told to smile more, to stand up straight, that I look better with my makeup/hair done

They occasionally hire bitchy, fake girls, and if managment likes them, these girls get ahead. Nevermind that they don't work well in a team oriented environment

I started out with a fabulous manager, despite her inexperience.

But as I interview with different stores, I find that around half the management I come across is fake and inefficient. They have little integrity when faced with previous words they've said to me. Management needs to get their ass in gear, and hire people who are committed to the brand and not just likeable to their key leader!!

Good, bad, and ugly

Current Employee - Retail Educator
    Current Employee - Retail Educator

I have been working at lululemon full-time

Pros

Decent perks and a fairly flexible schedule (as long as you don't go into store-management)

Cons

they'll take all they can get from you and more (with little compensation). A "pipeline" based more on weird politics than skill and merit.

Start walking the walk.