lululemon

www.lululemon.com

Kind of like sorority meets the cheerleading squad... In a bad way.

Educator (Current Employee) Northbrook, IL

ProsGetting to work out almost anywhere for free??? Awesome!!!
The discount? Pretty awesome. (60% for regular priced merchandise, 75% of the original price for sale)
Most of the people- as long as you are similar- are pretty fun, cool women (plus the token gay guy)

ConsDon't be fooled by the Lululemon mantra. Your friends are not more important than Lululemon making $$$.
It all sounds very nice at the outset, but "having a conversation" is really just a code word for you are not performing well and logging each conversation seems like a strange way of management being able to keep track of everyone's business.
Very cliquey. Management will pick their favorites, and if you aren't one of them, you are going down fast.
Also, if you aren't absolutely ecstatic to have the privilege of working at Lululemon where only the best and brightest are chosen for such amazing positions as product educators, you are probably going to lose your job.

Advice to Senior ManagementLets face it. Lululemon is a retail company like every other one. Sure, there may be some differences, but "life in luon" is not dramatically different than life in spandex or whatever. Get over yourself and treat this job for what it is. If your employees get the job done, then they are performing well. Let's quit the BS about development plans and conversation logs. We are adults.

Great environment, great people, great culture

Educator (Former Employee) Berkeley, CA

I worked at lululemon full-time for more than a year

Pros: They personally develop their team and reinvest in their employees… Cons: The community is small so the relationships are authentic, which… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

cliquey

Educator (Former Employee) Evanston, IL

I worked at lululemon part-time for less than a year

Pros: casual atmosphere. got to wear yoga pants to work every… Cons: My managers left a lot to be desired. I was ousted from the store by my assistant manager because I wasn't "peppy" enough. She only… Advice to Senior Management: Do your job and manage. Treat everyone fairly. Stop gossiping… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on lululemon.

Worked for lululemon? Contribute to the Community!