There are newer employer reviews for lululemon

Kind of like sorority meets the cheerleading squad... In a bad way.

Current Employee - Educator in Northbrook, IL
Current Employee - Educator in Northbrook, IL

I have been working at lululemon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Getting to work out almost anywhere for free??? Awesome!!! The discount? Pretty awesome. (60% for regular priced merchandise, 75% of the original price for sale) Most of the people- as long as you are similar- are pretty fun, cool women (plus the token gay guy)

Cons

Don't be fooled by the Lululemon mantra. Your friends are not more important than Lululemon making $$$. It all sounds very nice at the outset, but "having a conversation" is really just a code word for you are not performing well and logging each conversation seems like a strange way of management being able to keep track of everyone's business. Very cliquey. Management will pick their favorites, and if you aren't one of them, you are going down fast. Also, if you aren't absolutely ecstatic to have the privilege of working at Lululemon where only the best and brightest are chosen for such amazing positions as product educators, you are probably going to lose your job.

Advice to Management

Lets face it. Lululemon is a retail company like every other one. Sure, there may be some differences, but "life in luon" is not dramatically different than life in spandex or whatever. Get over yourself and treat this job for what it is. If your employees get the job done, then they are performing well. Let's quit the BS about development plans and conversation logs. We are adults.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

cliquey

Former Employee - Educator in Evanston, IL
    Former Employee - Educator in Evanston, IL

I worked at lululemon part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

casual atmosphere. got to wear yoga pants to work every day. free classes and yoga every week. Good pay. Great co-workers.

Cons

My managers left a lot to be desired. I was ousted from the store by my assistant manager because I wasn't "peppy" enough. She only gave me 4 hours of work a week and proceeded to tell me that we did not have enough hours to go around for everyone. My manager acted like a prepubescent girl, going after any man who came into the store. No real direction. No real management. Just two teenagers posing as middle aged women.

Advice to Management

Do your job and manage. Treat everyone fairly. Stop gossiping and being cliquey.

Great environment, great people, great culture

Former Employee - Educator in Berkeley, CA
    Former Employee - Educator in Berkeley, CA

I worked at lululemon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They personally develop their team and reinvest in their employees through generous pay and benefits.

Cons

The community is small so the relationships are authentic, which in some aspects keep employees from making new connections.