lululemon

www.lululemon.com

Great team, great benefits, lack of hours-ivivva

Educator (Former Employee)

ProsI worked at the ivivva athletica of the lululemon corp. It is basically the same clothes made smaller sizes for girls. The team I was with was very vibrant and constantly interested in everything you were up to. Perhaps a bit too much, but that may be more of a reflection on the people rather than the company. Key leaders made you feel like their equal but with less technical aspects to consider in our position. There were no stuck-up attitudes or feelings inequality. The benefits were amazing and would benefit anyone who is athletic hence why you have to be athletic to be hired. The interview process was different than others that I have experienced but thorough, they really want to make sure you fit the mold. It was pretty easy to get shifts covered if need be, there were okay modes of communication to make sure that this could get done. Self-development was always encouraged, whether it was reading a book from the knowledge library on leadership or getting experience working in the much busier lululemon.

ConsYou have to REALLY be passionate about this job, otherwise spending 8 hours on a slow day with only 3 guests in might be enough to hand in resignation. While it is fun to work on fast-moving days, there are often months of really slow ones and they can be long and tedious. Because lululemon is always hiring, sometimes the location will hire too many people and there will be not enough hours to support everybody therefore somebody gets the boot! The expectation to be bubbly and happy is constantly first and foremost, and you could get a talking-to just for not smiling for a split-second. The other employees at the store sometimes took their job a bit too seriously and fixated on issues and problems that really were not that bad. However, it probably is what keeps them going considering most of the people there plan on making their whole life about working at lululemon.

Advice to Senior ManagementEven if more hours are anticipated, there should be a cap on how many employees are working at a location at a time. Getting only a 5 hour shift as at FT is not ideal and should be sorted out before hiring a new person.

Mostly great place to work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I have been working at lululemon full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Great employee discount Yoga classes paid for by company two per… Cons: Low compensation for expectations and experience Store roles valued more than… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

cliques, retail zombies, NOT what yoga is truly about

Educator (Former Employee)

I worked at lululemon full-time for less than a year

Pros: 60% off merchandise. Couldn't afford it otherwise. Paid for 2… Cons: Lots of talk about "elevating from mediocrity to greatness", but it's all BS - at the end of the day, it's a multi million dollar… Advice to Senior Management: Just because you are a manager or assistant manager at lululemon you are not… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on lululemon.

Worked for lululemon? Contribute to the Community!