lululemon

www.lululemon.com
  www.lululemon.com
There are newer employer reviews for lululemon

Mostly great place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I have been working at lululemon full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great employee discount
Yoga classes paid for by company two per week
Growth ops
Casual work env
Culture of feedback--giving and receiving
Great CEO.

Cons

Low compensation for expectations and experience
Store roles valued more than others
Poor technology and IT seems underfunded
Store employees must fit the mold

243 Other Employee Reviews for lululemon (View Most Recent)

cliques, retail zombies, NOT what yoga is truly about

Former Employee - Educator
    Former Employee - Educator

I worked at lululemon full-time (less than an year)

Pros

60% off merchandise. Couldn't afford it otherwise. Paid for 2 yoga classes a week. Wear yoga clothes to work.

Cons

Lots of talk about "elevating from mediocrity to greatness", but it's all BS - at the end of the day, it's a multi million dollar corporation and they want to sell as much product as possible. Lots of cliques within the company. Make sure to look pretty at work or you're treated differently. Basically, if you don't fit the mold, you're out.

Just because you are a manager or assistant manager at lululemon you are not better than anyone else. Large sense of entitlement from managers - get over yourself. It's RETAIL.

lulu is a lemon

Former Employee - Key Leader in Camberwell, Victoria (Australia)
    Former Employee - Key Leader in Camberwell, Victoria (Australia)

I worked at lululemon full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great employee discount, and your fitness classes are paid for.

Cons

To be honest, this company is breaking every single discrimination law in the book. They expect you to show up early and work late without being compensated. They berate you and belittle you under the guise of "feedback," which is basically an umbrella term to deguise harrassment. The Landmark Forum was mandatory. My manager at the time wouldn't even promote me because I told her that I wouldn't take the forum. I told her that it made me feel uncomfortable, and she told me that I wasn't "committed" to the job. She also told me that having private thoughts that I didn't voice outloud were considered to be "gossip" and against company policy.

I tried taking my concerns to the next up in command, but I was rebuffed completely. She told me that I shouldn't be talking to her about it, and to deal with my problems on my own.

I don't know what the CEO is doing, but he doesn't seem interested in improving company morale or reducing turnover, because it is extremely high.

The people that last in the company are the people who surrender completely, mind, body and soul. They give up their free will and dedicate their entire lives, around the clock, to doing whatever they are told and don't ask for anything in return. This company will destroy you if you're not careful.

Respect your employees, and compensate them for all of their extra hours! This is a business, not a treehouse club. A great employee discount does not compensate for bullying, harrassment and discrimination.

There are newer employer reviews for lululemon