lynda.com
www.lynda.com Carpinteria, CA 150 to 499 Employees

Okay pay, but no growth for serious career long employment, dead end job

ProsSome great talent behind the wall of lynda.com, and they use to give us free food. They provide a clean campus near the beach, and they have pretty nice facilities.

ConsThat talent is wasted behind those walls, restrictions and greed weigh heavy on every single decision from legal to hospitality. Management is based on friendships and a lazy attempt to refill positions, seriously, even with terrible reviews they keep their managers in place. Make sure to drink and party with your manger to stay on top.

Advice to Senior ManagementInstead of watching out for yourself walk as a true leader and lead with love and compassion...be an example not a coward. And for the love of God stop partying with your employees.

From mavericks to followers, lynda.com is just another corporation in 2013

I have been working at lynda.com full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: They offer free lunch 4 times a week and the HQ is located in a beautiful town and great for surfing if you're into that.… Cons: Lynda.com use to be bright and full of ideas, a real team vibe atmosphere and the sense that your ideas were considered with full enthusiasm!… Advice to Senior Management: Quit while you're ahead, you're all next during the new round of lay offs. They will cut middle management and cut… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

"Be a yardstick of quality. Some people aren't used to an environment where excellence is expected." ~ Steve Jobs

Game Changer (Former Employee)
    Carpinteria, CA

I worked at lynda.com full-time for more than a year

Pros: A handful of incredible, kind, talented employees. They had snacks and lunch at one point but they took that away mostly, they even took… Cons: "Be a yardstick of quality. Some people aren't used to an environment where excellence is expected." The late Steve Jobs says it best, and he would… Advice to Senior Management: You should take a long look at yourselves and where are you at in your career. Do you deserve to be there? Are you really… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on lynda.com.

Worked for lynda.com? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at lynda.com reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for lynda.com CEO Eric Robison. All reviews posted anonymously by lynda.com employees.