There are newer employer reviews for lynda.com

It's a good place, just don't get too attached.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carpinteria, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carpinteria, CA

I worked at lynda.com full-time (more than a year)

Pros

• Working with intelligent, competent, wonderful people
• Great benefits for the entire family
• High value on quality of workmanship, whether it is an email send or a video production
• Location. You can take your lunch to the beach and get away from the computer screen.
• Lots of executive reviews give you good practice at presenting to stakeholders and staying non-attached to your work.
• It's intrinsically rewarding to work for a company that is all about helping people to become better at what they do. I was always proud of the product. That can help a lot of little things slough off.

Cons

There is a culture of fear—really great people seem to be let go without warning, which can make you a bit jumpy.

I think we were all more competent than we were allowed/encouraged to be.

reviews filtered by

Fantastic company with growing pains....Which means the company is growing!

Current Employee - Director
    Current Employee - Director

I have been working at lynda.com full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The people you get to work with are fantastic. The culture is one of excellence and transparency. Work/life balance is overall good and company promotes from within. Salaries are competitive and the benefits are AWESOME! lynda.com is profitable, and continues to share with it's employees as it grows.

Cons

Growing pains. For some of the people who have been here a while the changes seem to be a bad thing. From my perspective, for the company to continue it's growth, it can't continue to be a mom-and-pop shop. There have been some questionable decisions, but the leaders made corrections and are on the right track.

Continue to listen to employees.

Fantastic benefits and great people at most levels of the organization.

I have been working at lynda.com full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Benefits, location, salaries, great space to be with a lot of potential upside within the industry.

Cons

High growth rate has caused some growing pains. Has been run more like a design firm than a .com or tech firm but there is change underway as more experienced management is added.

Continue to acquire more experienced talent and invest in the existing talent you already have. Allow for more trial and error. Empower employees to make more decisions on their own.

There are newer employer reviews for lynda.com