There are newer employer reviews for mSpot

mSpot is a fantastic place to work for with wonderful people

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Palo Alto, CA
Current Employee - Software Engineer in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at mSpot full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The people are great. You are treated well. The environment is casual. We have a tremendous impact on the world around us.

Cons

They are trying to put us in a bigger building. And for now, the environment is a bit cramp.

reviews filtered by

Good for temporary employment but would not want to stay here long-term

I have been working at mSpot

Pros

Dogs are allowed at work, fully stocked kitchen, nice people and generally low-stress. They allow employees to organize activities such as jogging and healthy-eating challenges during work hours.

Cons

Poor communication from management, management is indecisive in terms of project direction, low-pay compared to others. They hire a lot of recent grads probably to save money. But that means I'm on a team with other recent grads with no experience and therefore there is very little mentorship and no one to learn from.

If you must hire mostly recent grads it would be great if you could provide learning opportunities such as workshops and conferences.

Sometimes exciting, sometimes directionless.

I have been working at mSpot

Pros

Some benefits are awesome. Management is fairly flexible and forgiving. The engineers are top notch. Internal deadlines are usually reasonable.

Cons

Cheap cheap cheap. If it's not cheap, it's not mspot. There is also a lot of legacy burden in the products. The limited benefits to the legacy stuff is far outweighed by the drawbacks.

At this point, it seems like mSpot is playing the me too game. We're following others in terms of features and not really innovating.

There are newer employer reviews for mSpot