There are newer employer reviews for macys.com

In this school yard, the bullies rule.

Former Employee - Business Analyst in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Business Analyst in San Francisco, CA

I worked at macys.com full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

They seek out and hire great people. The culture is laid back and fun. The work is exciting and you get to see the results of your work online on the website. Their central location in the city, San Francisco, offers lots of diversions with easy access from BART.

Cons

There is a lot of potential at macys.com, what gets in the way are the people who feel that the only way to get projects done is to bully everyone into promising completely unrealistic expectations.There is a group of people who should lead but instead like to push their weight around and hold your reputation at bay if you cannot deliver on what they've already promised, however unrealistic. I saw it happen to many a good worker, over and over. My coworkers hesitated taking on projects because of the people they would be exposed to. There is no room to fail and learn because you will pay for any little thing. Unless of course, you can blame it on someone else.

HR hires some really good people, look at why they all leave. In the time that I was there, we lost some really good key people because of politics. If you really want to be a "tech place to work at" weed out the bad management and pay your tech people more, let them learn from their mistakes instead of allowing your management to just give them the cold shoulder until they leave.

reviews filtered by

Manager

Former Employee - Product Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Product Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at macys.com full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Fun place to work, exciting people, and flexible hours.

Cons

Management does not care about the people.

Need better perks and better pay.

macys.com Response

Sep 17, 2013VP Talent Acquisition

Hi "Manager", We would love to talk to you further about your feedback. We do care about our people and would like to understand why you feel we don't. Please reach out to me directly to discuss.

Software Engineer

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at macys.com full-time

Pros

They will respect your work/life balance. Having already established retail giant Macy's.Inc gives you an edge when it comes to E-commerce business. They Acknowledge outstanding work done by individuals or teams and gives out recognitions.

Cons

Having newly hired managers who do not pick up their level of work is frustrating.
    The long line of development process can be seen as dysfunctional especially when QA fails to find bugs/errors that should have been detected by developer level.
    You might be expected to do work that requires programming knowledge but not the programming itself.

Due to their fast growth they tend to bring people from outside.

There are newer employer reviews for macys.com