nTelos

Good Pay, Customers can be horrible

Former Employee - Sales Representative
Former Employee - Sales Representative

I worked at nTelos

Pros

The pay was really good. I was making about 28K per year plus bonus. Normally the bonus check would be about $1200 per month. However, I had to sell quite a bit to get this commission. The managers are normally cool and nice to work for and are always willing to help you out with your scheduling needs.

Cons

The customers. They're horrible. I was cursed at and threatened. The stories from the customers is always the same, so you tend to come up with the same package answers to respond to their absurdness. Some of the customers are enjoyable, the others are the worst. Also, working weekends, late nights, and longer hours during the holidays kinda sucked also.

But again, great pay! Get some thick skin and go sell cell phones!

Make sure you have your employee's back when customers are being rude and hostile. My manager wouldn't allow scum bags to talk down to us, keep it that way.

41 Other Employee Reviews for nTelos (View Most Recent)

Very rewarding to this point; been there over 10 years but only time will tell post spin of wire line biz.

I have been working at nTelos

Pros

A lot of job satisfaction. Very rewarding to see the number of major accomplishments a smaller carrier can accomplish. Under resourced as are a lot of companies; Culture is in transition w/ new Sr. leaders so jury is still out somewhat but there are some positive changes occurring - need more focus and communication on strategic direction post spin.

Cons

You have to wear a lot of hats (good and bad); smaller player so size can be an obstacle.

Let's not forget our roots (local, service oriented) and commit to our people.

I have really enjoyed my employment with Ntelos for the most part.

I have been working at nTelos

Pros

I have worked for Ntelos for a long time - but due to a certain situation I may not be able to stay with the company - I wish there was something that could be worked out - I really enjoy the company and the people I work with. I feel like most of the people I work with are like family. We help each other when ever possible and we make a great team.

Cons

There have been a lot of changes in the past year or so that have made it difficult and stressful. I wish things could be more of a compromise to work with those who have been with the company for a long time - making changes in the requirements of a position and making an employee feel like their job is always on the line is not a good way to keep people happy.

making changes in the requirements of a position and making an employee feel like their job is always on the line is not a good way to keep people happy. Sometimes there are certain circumstances that you may need to work with in order to keep good employees. Keeping your employees happy is much better for business then having a stressed out and disgruntled employee - your best assets are the people who work for you - with out them you have NOTHING

There are newer employer reviews for nTelos