oDesk
www.odesk.com Redwood City, CA 50 to 149 Employees

Lucky to be part of an incredible company

Redwood City, CA

I have been working at oDesk full-time for less than a year

ProsoDesk is the best company I’ve ever worked at. Period. Every company has faults, but one of the incredible things about oDesk is that the culture is so high-functioning that everyone recognizes this, isn’t afraid to surface challenges, and works together to further our success.

oDesk has:
-Great people. Smart. Collaborative. Inspirational. And fun – people you’re happy to see every morning.
-Huge potential. There’s excitement in the air and a feeling we’re really going somewhere.
-Interesting work. What oDesk is doing – changing the way people work – is no garden variety task. We’re big thinkers. And all team members get opportunities to stretch their minds and apply themselves.

ConsI’m hard pressed to think of true “cons.” The one thing I would say is that oDesk best suits people who thrive in open office, collaborative environments and are go-getters looking to make things happen. oDesk isn’t (yet) a big organization with many standard processes. Neither are we a tiny start-up. We’re somewhere in between.

Advice to Senior ManagementoDesk's positive culture starts at the very top. Overall, the best management team I’ve had the pleasure of working with. In many ways, the biggest challenge (as the company grows) will be not too change too much. To remain accessible, collaborative and inspirational.

Really a nice place to build up online carrier

Researcher and Writer (Current Employee)
New York, NY

I have been working at oDesk part-time for more than a year

Pros: I like oDesk because it is free of trouble and… Cons: Everyone can work at odesk without investing any money More

Wicked smart people, trust and flexibility, & an inspiring vision that you're proud share.

Redwood City, CA

I have been working at oDesk

Pros: oDesk provides life-changing opportunities to businesses and independent contractors across the globe. At oDesk... * The efforts of every individual impacts the business. * You'll find small teams… Cons: As with any startup, there's little infrastructure. You have to be clever at finding ways to get data or resources… Advice to Senior Management: Continue to bring in seasoned and well respected top level leadership to guide… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on oDesk.

Worked for oDesk? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at oDesk reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for oDesk CEO Gary Swart. All reviews posted anonymously by oDesk employees.