ooma

There are newer employer reviews for ooma

Overall a good employer.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at ooma

Pros

Flexible work hours as long as you don't slow down your department.
People are generally cordial and very helpful if you ask for help.

Cons

Must be flexible. There is an unspoken rule to answer emails during off hours to "keep the ball rolling." Makes it hard not to think about work when you should not be.

Must be self motivated and resourceful to work here. No mentors so you are on your own. It's somewhat still in start-up mode so you must wear different hats. It can be stressful at times.

ooma is an awesome product. It's cost affective but provides the best with the most features of any VoIP product. Just give it time for everyone to know about its greatness. Just keep doing the cheap but straight forward adverts and pass the savings to your loyal employees instead. Maybe as bonuses?

5 Other Employee Reviews for ooma (View Most Recent)

Disrespectful of temps

Former Employee - Temp
    Former Employee - Temp

I worked at ooma as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

They have a good product on their hands (borderline free phone service). Most people on the inside seem nice enough. Free lunches on Friday.

Cons

My experience as a contractor was pretty disappointing. First, the manager was misleading about the nature of the job, making the role sound interesting and complex while even stating a preference for math/science grads. It turned out to be just another brainless, repetitive temp job that even the slowest 4th grader could do in his sleep: a combination of 1. data entry and 2. clicking a button to send prewritten messages to low-level employees over a chatroom.

I was also told it would be a long-term / permanent deal, yet the position got cut after mere weeks. What's more, they didn't even have the decency to tell me, instead just having my agency send a termination notice after I'd left the building one day, then revoking my access. Geez.

Didn't a wise man once say "A nation should not be judged by how it treats its highest citizens, but its lowest ones"? Comes to mind.

They are in an interesting space

I worked at ooma

Pros

There is a good set of core people there and there is a fair amount of enthusiasm within the company, They have a solid product and it has won numerous awards. They are a late start up so they do not have crazy work hours.

Cons

They have potential, but they are in a crowded space. They tend to have a lot of contractors. They do not hire a lot of people...this is both a positive and negative. Good for the company as they try to keep cost low, but pehaps not great if you are looking for a full time job.

Need to communicate a stronger vision.

There are newer employer reviews for ooma