There are newer employer reviews for pMD

Fun team and great social impact

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at pMD full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The team is fun, smart, works hard, and cares a lot about what they do.
There are a lot of opportunities for career growth.
You get a chance to have a significant impact on patient care and healthcare in the US. Some of the people at pMD accidentally fell into this industry, but it's easy to have a passion for it. It feels like we get to be a part of the technology and healthcare revolution. Everyone becomes a patient at some point, and healthcare reform is one of the most important issues of our generation.

Cons

Not a 9-5 kind of job. Everyone at the company has a lot of responsibility internally and externally. While this can be great for career growth overall, it definitely isn't for everyone.

9 Other Employee Reviews for pMD (View Most Recent)

Exciting company on the verge of great things

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at pMD full-time

Pros

Love the people I work with and the shared passion about what we are doing. You are never bored here, that's for sure. Always something new to work on and being a small company, you have the ability to work with several different departments.

Cons

If you don't like wearing many hats and having a lot of responsibility this may not be a good fit. Personally though, I love it. Keeps me on my toes and really close to our clients.

Small, fun company with a lot of happy customers

Current Employee - Director of Software Development in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Director of Software Development in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at pMD full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

In my opinion, pMD has some of the best aspects of a large company (profitable, stable, clear direction, large user base) and a small company (exciting ideas, small tight-knit team, fast moving, fun culture).

Speaking to my experience as a developer here, it's incredible to have so much close customer contact and to be able to really make a difference in the lives of busy doctors who really need the help. To me, that's how you know your work is worthwhile - you hear firsthand from real people whose lives you're improving, in some cases dramatically.

It's also been interesting for me to learn mobile software development at a company which has been doing it for more than 10 (!!) years, starting back in the days of the Palm Pilot. This is a company where mobile is part of the DNA and that definitely knows how to ship fantastic native apps for all kinds of mobile devices.

Cons

I love the company a lot and I've been here since 2007, so I have to dig a bit to think of major cons.

I would say that there can be a lot of travel to customer sites since we have a very in-person culture. If you're the kind of developer who rarely wants to see or interact with your customers, that would probably get tiresome. It can sometimes be draining even for those such as myself who like travel, although normally it's fine for me (maybe 5-6 days on the road in a typical month for me).

Also, the company is located in the Presidio in San Francisco, so it would be hard to get to the office if you live way out in the East Bay or South Bay. I live on the Peninsula so my drive isn't bad as long as I avoid peak traffic hours.

I think I qualify as upper management, so I'm going to leave this one blank.

There are newer employer reviews for pMD