Love my job

Current Employee - Assistant Manager
Current Employee - Assistant Manager

I have been working at rue21 part-time for more than a year

Pros

Great opportunity to grow in Management

Cons

Not enough hours and pay

Other Reviews for rue21

Do you rue, I do?

Former Employee - Full Time Assistant Manager  in  DeRidder, LA
    Former Employee - Full Time Assistant Manager in DeRidder, LA

I worked at rue21 full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fast paced, learned a lot of visual techniques, and gained great retail management experience.

Cons

Company is still young and is still in trial and error period, doing and undoing tasks when it is unnecessary. Does not hold management as accountable as they should.

Follow through with training.

Great to worse!!!!

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at rue21 full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

It's a fun place to work. Great in customer service and compare to other company I work for in the past this company actually train there employee .

Cons

I use to love coming in to work I did not care putting in 50+ hours a week and only get paid 40 hours for being in salary but never understand it when only put in 32 hours one week and 50+ the following week you get question for only doing 32 one week when in total for two weeks is 80+ hours and you don't get paid full cause you did not work 40+ every week that is not salary.
    The Dm and Regional manager no support what so ever they love to give you orders but yet they don't hear your voice or opinion in your own store when you are the one that in this store every day 8+ hours in daily basis. And when dm do come to store they don't help the team they just seat at the back room on there cell gossiping other people or store or district or they go shopping in the mall.
    The lead by example start with the higher up you preach it then you should it. They are quick to blame the store when the sales are down or the fragrance percent is down, but yet when sales goal is double digit up and frag.% Is still not good and when fragrance % is double digit up and sales is double digit down it's ok with them.
    District manager and regional manager need to be more professional,Dm stop gossiping and just do your job and regional manager you need to look back because you use to be the Dm with this district, this district got you where you at now.
    No! I will not recommend this to my friends.

Dm and Regional need to get it together and do your job.

There are newer employer reviews for rue21.

Worked for rue21? Contribute to the Community!