sTec

There are newer employer reviews for sTec

Great opportunities!

Current Employee - Senior Staff Firmware Engineer in Santa Ana, CA
Current Employee - Senior Staff Firmware Engineer in Santa Ana, CA

I have been working at sTec full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I've been with STEC for 1.5 years and continue to be challenged and given new opportunities. My projects are meaningful and help move our technology forward. I have full access to all of the tools and people I need to get my job done. My manager listens and removes any potential roadblocks.

Cons

A few of my colleagues are disgruntled. They seem stuck in the past and I don't get it. We're designing new technology so what's with this ancient history? Maybe its time for them to move on.

I don't really interact with the VP and C-level folks which means I don't hear from them very often. More communication might be helpful. My director and manager are great!

22 Other Employee Reviews for sTec (View Most Recent)

Not an inspirational company

I worked at sTec

Pros

Good engineering capability, early entry into the market, stable market outlook in 2-3 years, relatively fair pay for engineers, 5% 401K match.

Cons

No personal respect, no cooperation from different departments, no communication and feedback from management, no career growth, no chance to use your ideas

Don't treat your employees as people who are not trustworthy. They can bring you much more than you think if they are motivated.

A company with aggressive business strategies.

I worked at sTec

Pros

It is an organization for any professional who is able to conduct his/her best performance under the pressure.

Cons

The performance of cross-functional unit operations is weak and time consuming.

Need to allocate efforts on identifying causes to major issues and investing on solutions

There are newer employer reviews for sTec