serpico landscaping

www.serpicolandscaping.com

A good company gone bad

Branch Manager (Former Employee) Hayward, CA

ProsThey have some old employees that will never leave and they are good. There is some legacy attitude and training that will remain with the older crews as long as they stick it out with the new mentality.

ConsThey have shifted the focus to deceptive tactics to extract revenue from customers. They have lowered the initial pricing only to make it all back on the 'gravy' work. The current GM is entirely focused on profits. Sadly, they are becoming one more middle of the road landscaper. They still charge a lot only because of an old reputation. Lots of turn over here at the manager level. The current crop of top managers are ESL. This is okay but runs contrary to the 'high touch communication' motto. The owner will put a manager out in a management meeting and rip him to shreds. It's kind of sadistic. I've seen men come to tears with her.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop pretending to love your people. Your reputation as a bait and switch company is already loosing you work, you should stop the money grab and move back a few steps.

No stability or respect

Account Manager (Current Employee) Hayward, CA

I have been working at serpico landscaping

Pros: Not going out of business this winter (like some other… Cons: They just cut back the crews hours to 7 hours per day, even though the leaves are falling like crazy. The problem is, they… Advice to Senior Management: Get it over with and sell the company . No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Very oppressive work place. The company is in crisis mode and are out of control

Branch Manager (Former Employee) Hayward, CA

I worked at serpico landscaping

Pros: good marketing and recruiting efforts Cons: The company is all about profits and can't deal with the current ecomony. They did a wage cut of 10% for… Advice to Senior Management: Sell No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on serpico landscaping.

Worked for serpico landscaping? Contribute to the Community!