There are newer employer reviews for thePlatform

the best people I have ever worked with

Current Employee - Recruiter in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Recruiter in Seattle, WA

I have been working at thePlatform

Pros

I appreciate the open communication, collaboration and the learning environment. There isn't that sense of competition that a lot of organizations foster, it really is a team environment. The CEO is magnanimous, personable, and very smart. He is a business leader and a visionary. He trusts the employess and adds to the relaxed work environment by wearing his cool t-shirts and jeans. I also love the location and my commute!

Cons

We are a small, flat organization, so if you are the kind of person that climbing the corporate ladder is part of your world, then you may not fit in here. We don't a lot of senior management, and the managers we do have are also actual workers too. Nobody here just manages!

Advice to Management

Keep remembering the businees goals

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Good place to work - some cons

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at thePlatform

Pros

interesting work great people pretty nice office good benefits fair salary fun to see Kabletown referred to on 30 Rock and you get the inside joke

Cons

- bad understanding of resource management and staffing - little real product management - shifting priorities all the time - predictable busy times are not staffed for and then you get to work 60 hours a week - small raises yearly from Comcast due to slow economy (all the while they are buying NBC) - lots of long term employees who are all super burned out

Advice to Management

listen to people's complaints The exec team are not the only people who are smart - stop thinking you are the smartest

2. A pretty nice work place, with decent benefits & salary

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at thePlatform

Pros

Great workplace. Company provides free snacks and pop, and semi regular events like parties or catered lunch for everyone. There are some very smart people in lead positions that don't mind helping other engineers out when asked.

Cons

Hard to figure out how raises and promotions work, annual reviews don't really give much feedback on how to get that raise or promotion. This may have to do with how the economy has been doing lately.

Advice to Management

More transparency on raises and promotions. It sucks to find out that raises will be 1-2% 1 month before they are given out. Also, a better bonus structure if raises aren't happening so employees have some motivation to excel.