There are newer employer reviews for thePlatform

Wonderful Place to Work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at thePlatform full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I felt compelled to write this review after checking out thePlatform's profile on glassdoor and wanted to voice some of my observations/opinions.

I've seen some reviews for thePlatform here that are just blatantly untrue. I've worked with the company for a substantial amount of time now and feel that I have a pretty good idea about the competencies and culture. I started working at thePlatform at a low-level position and was able to "raise the ranks" as it were. Granted, it took some self-motivation and work to be able to do so, but I would never be one to expect that a position be handed to me.

It is true that there has been some movement with administration in the past couple of years. Largely this was due to individuals finding greater opportunities be it personal or professional. Which, may I add, was always met with support from the company in whole. Our company does it's best to handle any kind of departures such that it doesn't affect the business/department/individuals and I think it has done an exemplary job.

I feel like despite the above, management does take the proper actions when an issue is voiced.

Cons

Let's see, about 6 months ago it would have been transit compensations... but that has been resolved.

I really do not have any issues with thePlatform. If I do, I usually voice it to management and they are pretty good about addressing it.

31 Other Employee Reviews for thePlatform (View Most Recent)

Don't believe anything they tell you.

I worked at thePlatform full-time for more than a year

Pros

Seattle office is super cool, modern and hip with nice perks like free sodas and snacks. The actual technology is quite interesting and online video is a cool space to be in. The company makes an effort to boost sagging employee morale with events and functions.

Cons

ThePlatform is not a company with the culture of a startup backed by the power of Comcast, as they would have you believe. Rather, it has the same corporate culture one would expect from a subsidiary of Comcast. It's quite tragic how little employees are valued in the "churn and burn" mentality they operate with. Opinions, suggestions and ideas are not valued. Management controls with old school, iron fist, fear-based strategies. If you dare to voice a complaint today you'll be gone tomorrow. Sadly, this results in a company full of very innovative, talented people that for the most part are woefully underpaid and almost unanimously oppressed. All the good reviews on Glassdoor.com? Trouble attracting and retaining talent leads management and HR to push employees to write these positive reviews.

Value your people. Listen to their ideas and support them. People truly want to succeed, they just need to be given the opportunities and the tools to do so.

thePlatform Response

Aug 20, 2013Recruiter

I am very sad to hear this review. I will say that I know that you are in the minority when it comes to your perspective on thePlatform.

Yes we encourage our people to post reviews on Glassdoor
    ... More

A great way to find out if you like graveyard shifts

Former Employee - Applications Support Engineer  in  Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Applications Support Engineer in Seattle, WA

I worked at thePlatform full-time for more than a year

Pros

Mediocre pay
    Great location in downtown Seattle and International locations
    Benefits after 3 or so months
    Interesting employees

Cons

Since it is a subsidiary of Comcast you have to deal with corporate issues, that can be a pain.
    Departments treat the support department with very little consideration.
    Many departments have very different tools and procedures which make integration among them difficult.
    There is a bit of departmental behavior to create extra work to appear busier to management tools.
    HR was one person when I was there, so getting things done sooner than later required constant attention.
    Management seemed to be in a constant flux.

Take more care and hire management that doesn't have to look at numbers and which way they are changing to report if the department is improving or regressing.

There are newer employer reviews for thePlatform

Worked for thePlatform? Contribute to the Community!