tw telecom

www.twtelecom.com

Headed in the wrong direction

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Denver, CO

ProsGreat co-workers, the vast majority of the people there are willing to go the extra mile to assist one-another, whether they are within your own department or across functional lines. Good workplace-family balance in most departments and situations.

ConsLittle chance for advancement even for long-time employees unless they are connected in some way. Management in recent years has taken a turn for the worse; after the company pledged to have "the right people in the right jobs", there are managers that have no business being an any type of leadership position. "Bullying" type management has become prevalant, especially in operations/operations support with the apparent encouragement of upper management. If you become a target, all you can do is try to get out of the department but by that point it is usually too late.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop ignoring repeated reports of poor/abusive management. Most view that HR exists to keep the company from being sued, but there are some very bad elements that are causing tw twelecom from being more productive due to the cost of turn-over, poor management practices, sick leave and general incompetence. Stop encouraging departments from using a bell curve mentality in evaluating employees, it does not always fit and in non-metrics driven departments it is completely unfair.

Good Solid employer

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Aurora, CO

I have been working at tw telecom full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: -solid and conservative approach results in very little layoffs, not too much schizoid telecom behavior, no running off chasing shiny objects and wasting a lot… Cons: -not a lot of chance to advance fast, everyone just sticks around, good or bad; poor performance seldom called out or carries consequences, especially in… Advice to Senior Management: -if we want to grow fast, take more chances and invest more in onnet expansion, acquisition of national fiber routes and assets, and product capabilities.… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Poor inexperienced management, systems, and policy implementation.

Senior Account Manager (Former Employee) Washington, DC

I worked at tw telecom full-time for less than a year

Pros: Best new employee training course in the industry Cons: Inexperienced management leads to poor execution which leads to high… Advice to Senior Management: Better management training No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on tw telecom.

Worked for tw telecom? Contribute to the Community!