There are newer employer reviews for tw telecom

Don't waste your time here, you cant un-ring this bell

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive  in  San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at tw telecom full-time for more than a year

Pros

i really wish i had something nice to say, i wasted 12 months of my career on this place, but the deals were never big enough, never fast enough, not enough margin, by the time I hit my 13 month, I was the old man on the team, since or sales mgr fired everyone else, HUGE TURNOVER with this company

Cons

unattainable quotas, sales mgrs drive you into the ground, forcing you to walk the streets carrying a bag, you're nothing more than a door to door salesman with low pay, and long hours (expect 9-10 hr days)

create attainable sales quotas, reward employees, stop the gimmicky sales programs and smile&dial blasts and maybe you wont spend so much money on bring a new employee up to speed p Larissa - are you listening??

122 Other Employee Reviews for tw telecom (View Most Recent)

HR department is slow to react to employee issues.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Littleton, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Littleton, CO

I worked at tw telecom full-time

Pros

Able to work autonomously and company did provide enough resources to complete your work. Mangement is friendly and a lot of room for advancement and there are a lot of learning opportunities to migrate to a new job descripton.

Cons

Not flexible in scheduling time off of work. Short on staff so scheduling time off was an inconvenience to the company.

Lose the coprorate "shrink". The leadership module is a joke. Two and and a half days to hear an educated psycologist vent about her childhood is a waste of time.

Not the company it once was former employee of 13 years

Former Employee - NOC Tech  in  Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO
    Former Employee - NOC Tech in Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO

I worked at tw telecom full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

After 2003 there are no pros to working for this oganazation it is by far the worst place in the world to work.

Cons

When I started at TW in 2000 it was the best company in the world to work for. They cared about employees they made the environment fun and productive. However; as the company started to grow they brought in a bunch of upper management from an already failed telecom (CoVad) they simply took their failed ideas that collapsed CoVad and brought them to TW.
    The company is notorious for giving the techs new equipment and or technology with little to no training and then just before bonus time they write up a large portion of the techs for not being 80% proficient. Then they do not have to pay out the bonuses. The upper management is as bad as it gets they could care less about the employees and as stated in a earlier post are well known for not taking a stance on an issue so that someone else will pay if it does not pan out.
    If you come to a manager and say I have noticed a problem you get to fix the trouble and the manager gets the credit. It is ridiculous. It is the worst company in town I still talk to many people there and they are all looking to leave as soon as they can find a new place. I would not recommend them to my friends as a place to work nor would I recommend them as a place to do business with.

Get rid of everyone that was a CoVad exec. They killed on company and are well on their way to doing it again.

There are newer employer reviews for tw telecom

Worked for tw telecom? Contribute to the Community!