There are newer employer reviews for vcfo

An outstanding company in which to work and develop a career as a professional financial, HR, or recruiting consultant.

I have been working at vcfo

Pros

The breadth of opportunities to assist businesses across different industries is great. I have worked with established semiconductor, biotech, software, and medical device manufacturing businesses to name just a few of the engagements where I have provided support. Having the opportunity to work with a diverse set of customers has provided exposure to the particular financial, process, and transaction related needs of each customer. I don't think I would have come across such a variety of businesses/business modesl outside of my experience with vcfo. I've also enjoyed having a peer network within the company to be able to bounce ideas and solutions off of other team members who almost always have seen similar situations before.

Cons

Work schedules can be cyclical - some weeks will be heavier, others lighter in terms of hours. Definitley requires close attention to scheduling activities and coordination with other team members assisting the company's clients.

Advice to Management

The company should continue to develop and provide its training and deploy systems/systems improvements to benefit the company's employees. The company has made investments in these areas in recent years which are invaluable resources to the delivery of services to the company's customers.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Current Employee

Current Employee - Business Development in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Business Development in Austin, TX

I have been working at vcfo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great culture, supportive staff. With an excellent client base and reputation, it helps to open doors for new clients. Co-workers are professional, no gossip, no drama, everyone just does his or her job.

Cons

Work-live balance, it would be nice to work from the house 1 or 2 days a week.

Ask about their turnover/retention rate of their employees.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at vcfo full-time

Pros

Flexibility in hours and vacation, well-known company in Austin, Health Savings Accounts, central location, involved in philanthropic events in the community.

Cons

Ask about their turnover/retention rate of their employees. Constant emails at night and weekends with the expectation to be answered during those times. Churn and burn company with no heads up on discontent from management.

Advice to Management

If your turnover rate is constantly high, then the problem is with the company not the employee. Communication from upper management would be a place to start....