Glassdoor is your free inside look at xMatters reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for xMatters CEO Troy McAlpin. All reviews posted anonymously by xMatters employees.
1 person found this helpful
Former Employee – worked at xMatters
Pros – * There are some pretty good folks in the company. The support folks are much better than those others that I have worked with. People are quite friendly.
* The product does fit a very nice niche. It complements the big guy's product offerings very well.
* Because the company is small, people can get to do many different type of things and can expand their skill sets.
* Parties are fun. Annual kickoffs are a blast!
Cons – * Company lost in direction. Too many strategic changes. Every couple of quarters, there will be a new pricing and licensing model.
* Trying to be all things to all people. xMatters has done very well in 1 niche market. The obvious choice is to expand into another market. However, xMatters is trying to expand into too many markets at the same time.
* It is a sales driven company. There is nothing wrong with it. But sales would sell stuffs that shouldn't have been and have dragged down the company several times significantly. The entire technical team spent many hours building product features specifically for some customers. Worst yet, xMatters got no money from the work. And those features would not be resellable.
* Management is very stubborn. They think they know it all. They will not listen to any suggestion. They always think they are coaching you. In fact, they are the folks who need coaching.
Advice to Senior Management – The exec team has done a very good job taking the company from nothing to its current state. Kudos to them. However, it is obvious that they are not capable of taking the company to the next level.
Everyone would be better off if the xMatters exec team would hire some experienced folks to take it from here.
No, I would not recommend this company to a friend
2012-04-30 08:21 PDT
Your feedback has been sent to the team and we'll look into it.
Your response will be removed from the review – this cannot be undone.