There are newer employer reviews for zulily

I bought in from day one and have loved it ever since!!

Current Employee - Operations Supervisor in Columbus, OH
Current Employee - Operations Supervisor in Columbus, OH

I have been working at zulily full-time (more than an year)

Pros

We have a great Leadership group who do care about employees. Remember this is a start up company and we as a company are learning more every day. Get noticed and work hard and you will be rewarded. And if your there for just a check, well they notice that too. We have cookouts, drawings for tvs and gift cards. You have sacrifice sometimes but we all have the same goal. We want this company to be the biggest thing out there, and i will deff be a part of this as 2013 is gonna be huge! We want you to leave the same way you came in. Our motto is " Safety is my obligation to myself and to others". We have a modest turnover ratio because associates point out (attendance). You cant force people to come to work. And the starting pay is actually better than most places around us. Paid every friday. Zulily will be around stronger than ever! You cant satisfy everyone all the time and its not back breaking work. Im excited about what lies ahead for the company and so should you.

Cons

I honestly cant believe some of this negativity thats being said in some of these reviews.Yes we work alot of hours but we dont force anyone to apply here. People want overtime and complain. Then we are on 8 hr shifts and people complain because theres no overtime. I guess the reason employees dont stay is because they dont have the patience to continue to see us grow. Alot of people think everything can change overnight. Sorry folks, doesnt work like that. You have to be dedicated to what your doing and believe in your company..

I think back to when we opened and there are a few faces still there but you can tell associates are wore out mentally and physicaly. You have to hit your uph and focus on quality at a pretty good pace. I guess thats anywhere though. And there was a time that we hired pretty much anyone just to fill the place up. I think we have realized that we need people who match some of our critiera. As far as pay raises go, think first of those who have stuck this out from the beginning. They deserve at least that much. The management are great and our HR dept is busier than ever. They also deserve alot of credit. The CEO is cool too. Seems like a normal dude, you could talk to him and crack jokes. His nose is not stuck up in the air either. Im proud to be apart of this company. GO BUCKS

166 Other Employee Reviews for zulily (View Most Recent)

Best place I've ever worked

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at zulily full-time (more than an year)

Pros

So much opportunity - zulily is growing very quickly. While that does mean some growing pains from time to time (and outgrowing spaces), it also means that every day is exciting and there's always something new around the bend. All of this growth is happening because we're building something great.

Leadership team - all of the most senior people at zulily are incredibly smart and great at what they do. They're also humble and accessible.

Unique copmany - I'm not aware of another company that's so strong as a retailer, an online presence and a tech company all at once. zulily is a great place for people who want to work and grow in a variety of roles, from developers to buyers to marketers to analysts to photographers.

Cons

The company is still only three years old. That's one of my favorite things about it, but that also means there are some wheels left to be invented. It's a great "problem" to have if you're the kind of person who's interested in innovation.

Fun, gratifying, challenging, exhilarating

Current Employee - Marketing in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Marketing in Seattle, WA

I have been working at zulily full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Amazing place to work with really talented people from diverse backgrounds. Merit-based company with lots of opportunity to learn, grow, and excel.

Cons

If you don't like working hard, dealing with pressure, taking on new tasks, or being challenged, zulily is not the place for you. Otherwise, it's an incredible place to work with a fun work hard/play hard culture.

Continue to empower employees and give employees room to grow. I have the utmost respect for Darrell Cavens (CEO) and consider it a privilege to work for him. I came from a big company before working at zulily and interacted frequently with upper-level VPs and CEOs of business units, but I had never met a leader as exceptional as Darrell - not even close.

There are newer employer reviews for zulily