zulily

www.zulily.com
  www.zulily.com
There are newer employer reviews for zulily

I bought in from day one and have loved it ever since!!

Current Employee - Operations Supervisor in Columbus, OH
Current Employee - Operations Supervisor in Columbus, OH

I have been working at zulily full-time (more than an year)

Pros

We have a great Leadership group who do care about employees. Remember this is a start up company and we as a company are learning more every day. Get noticed and work hard and you will be rewarded. And if your there for just a check, well they notice that too. We have cookouts, drawings for tvs and gift cards. You have sacrifice sometimes but we all have the same goal. We want this company to be the biggest thing out there, and i will deff be a part of this as 2013 is gonna be huge! We want you to leave the same way you came in. Our motto is " Safety is my obligation to myself and to others". We have a modest turnover ratio because associates point out (attendance). You cant force people to come to work. And the starting pay is actually better than most places around us. Paid every friday. Zulily will be around stronger than ever! You cant satisfy everyone all the time and its not back breaking work. Im excited about what lies ahead for the company and so should you.

Cons

I honestly cant believe some of this negativity thats being said in some of these reviews.Yes we work alot of hours but we dont force anyone to apply here. People want overtime and complain. Then we are on 8 hr shifts and people complain because theres no overtime. I guess the reason employees dont stay is because they dont have the patience to continue to see us grow. Alot of people think everything can change overnight. Sorry folks, doesnt work like that. You have to be dedicated to what your doing and believe in your company..

I think back to when we opened and there are a few faces still there but you can tell associates are wore out mentally and physicaly. You have to hit your uph and focus on quality at a pretty good pace. I guess thats anywhere though. And there was a time that we hired pretty much anyone just to fill the place up. I think we have realized that we need people who match some of our critiera. As far as pay raises go, think first of those who have stuck this out from the beginning. They deserve at least that much. The management are great and our HR dept is busier than ever. They also deserve alot of credit. The CEO is cool too. Seems like a normal dude, you could talk to him and crack jokes. His nose is not stuck up in the air either. Im proud to be apart of this company. GO BUCKS

172 Other Employee Reviews for zulily (View Most Recent)

It depends...

Current Employee - Marketing in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Marketing in Seattle, WA

I have been working at zulily full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I am a current employee in the marketing department and just read through all of the reviews for zulily on glassdoor. Lotta haters out there and a few people who love the place. So who do you trust?

I still work at zulily so you shouldn't trust me, but here's my best attempt at an unbiased review to provide another perspective to anyone who is looking at zulily as a potential workplace:

I don't think zulily is for everyone.

It's a great company and has experienced hyper growth (which is a little addictive), but with that hyper growth comes alot of growing pains and can result in some "misses" (which are pretty well documented in reviews here). I think that the extreme negative comments are valid and fair because people who wrote them likely had a really bad experience and feel pretty jilted; however, my observation *on the whole* is that people are pretty happy and excited about what's going on here, flexible in dealing with issues that come up and creative about figuring out how to resolve problems, and hopeful to see where this thing goes.

Personally, I have been here for 2+ years, have experienced a lot of growth (both professionally and as part of the company), and have learned more here than at several past companies combined. I get to work on interesting projects with really smart, motivated people who share a common goal of creating a fun user experience and making zulily a preeminent brand. That's pretty cool.

On the flip side, this place can be tough. With hyper growth comes big expectations and stress, and for people who aren't passionate about owning and driving something forward it can be overwhelming. You are expected to hit the ground running and be smart about how you prioritize your work and spend your time (at least, in marketing), and I (and a few others I know) tend to be my own worst critic feeling like I have never quite accomplished enough.

But that's the type of person that I think will do well here. Someone who is hungry and motivated by a challenge and who wants to be part of something bigger. I've worked at a couple of jobs before zulily, both big and small companies, and never really felt like I had the ability to impact the bottom line. Here is much, much different. I've probably never worked as hard as I have here, but I've also definitely never had as much fun, since I know that I'm making a difference.

Cons

I shared both pros and cons above. Don't box me in, dude.

I will say, though, that if you're trying to find out what zulily is really like, don't rely on anonymous postings on glassdoor. Look up the company on LinkedIn and talk to a real person.

Keep this place a start-up. It's way more fun that way and you'll attract and retain people who live passionately and are invested in winning.

Need to be flexible with OT to survive

Former Employee - Warehouse Associate in Reno, NV
    Former Employee - Warehouse Associate in Reno, NV

I worked at zulily full-time (less than an year)

Pros

No one breathing down your neck as long as you are working and not standing around. Worked in several departments and they are all pretty easy. Most of the managers are OK but not all of them. Scott (the Intellisource big boss) and Todd (Zulily big boss) are always watching but clearly care about business AND the employees, rare in my experience with warehouse management.

Cons

Overtime is frequent and most of the time we get little notice (Has caused some issues with my kids and husband). I have seen little opportunity for advancement but hear that the company is growing by leaps and bounds.

Hire more to keep overtime minimal or at least make it voluntary.

There are newer employer reviews for zulily